Wongus/RennieS' Ban Appeal

BigWongus

Steam Username: Wongus

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:556138112

Which server are you banned from?: All of them

How long have you been playing on our server(s): 3 years

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: Yes, on my main account for hacking

If you have been banned, how many times?: Twice

Why do you think you were banned?: Because I hacked on the server, and now for evading

Why should we lift your ban?: Boy, this is a tough one to answer. I have been a player for 3 years of CSI and have thoroughly enjoyed the server, both for the game play and the community. Formerly I was RennieS, but most of you know me as Wongus. At the beginning of May I was banned for ESP, after writing an appeal which got denied I left the server for some time. The decision to hack was very out of character of me, being quarantined for over a month, at this point I wasn't behaving like myself. However, I'm not here to make excuses, quarantine or not what I did was inexcusable and I really regret my decision.

Fast forward a couple months and I decided I wanted to play the server again. I thought I had enough time away from the server and I had learnt my lesson. At this point I should of wrote an appeal, but instead I chose the naughty route. I made an alt and Bigwongus was born. I was a quiet player before I was banned, which is why nobody recognized me when I started making a name for myself within the community. I would like to believe I am well liked within CSi, I am friendly and met lots of new people within the 4 months I have been evading. I am always well behaved and never have been punished for anything in the 3 years I've been playing for anything besides what I stated above.

I really enjoy your servers and appreciate the work everyone puts in, I have played many DayZ servers in the past and the quality of yours is unmatched.  I'm not expecting anything out of this appeal, but I hope to return eventually, how long that will be is entirely up to you guys.

Edited by BigWongus

Neutral 

I have ran into you a number of times in the Dayz server and can say I never had a problem with you. Quite pleasant experiences actually. I had no recollection of you using an alt prior to you being banned for the second time which is unfortunate to hear to say the least. I can tell you're not the toxic type of guy through my past encounters with you and from what I can remember you were a good sport. But nonetheless, you did previously hack almost a half a year ago and then proceed to evade said ban in order to play again which is a big no no to the staff's eyes. I personally wouldn't mind having you back, but in the end its up to the staff. I wish you luck dear friend.

edit: added "you" after "into" in beginning

Edited by Jgarcia
  • Agree 1

I believe that in the time you played as Wongus you assimilated well into the community, you were active, friendly and eventually I even saw you as a possible moderator candidate. With that said you did hack, initially you weren't honest but I also believe I was far harsher back then, and took a very rough stance compared to how I am now with hackers. You made a mistake and after your appeal being shot down you chose to evade a few months later. 

This appeal is to be discussed further in private admin chats along with a discussion we've already had on a potential reduced ban time. I welcome anyone from the community to state their opinion on this matter, just ensure to keep it civil.

• Agree 1

I believe that although he was evading, Wongus has proven he posed no threat to the community and genuinely wanted to play the server and have fun. During the time I have played with him, Wongus has always been respectful to other members in the community. I feel as if Wongus has made a sincere apology here and that he will not repeat his actions again. 

+1

• Love 1

Wongus has always been a positive character in the community but hes really tested and broken the trust of everyone 

But considering cases like this for example: Sterben, i would be support for a ban reduction or no ban at all

He was honest throughout his appeal and hasnt given much reason from his past reputation and actions to not give him another chance 

+1

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was the admin who originally banned RennieS/Wongus back in May shortly after I was instated. This situation exposed a lot of weak spots in our system when it comes to evasions which is very helpful. Wongus was always a nice person to be around despite being banned for cheating months ago. I do think majority of the interactions with other players and staff members was genuine looking back to when we talked which helps your case. Truthfully if you were to make an appeal for your RennieS account without us knowing that you were Wongus you would have been treated quite harshly because our stance on hackers being unbanned in the past. I completely understand why you opted to use an alternate account instead of appealing, but of course I still cannot agree or stand by what you did. There is no telling if relationships within the community will ever be the same. I do believe if you are to be unbanned which I am putting my support towards that it will take time before those relationships are healed. A great example of this is one of our current staff members who was originally banned for cheating in 2018. Of course it took time for people to look at him as just another regular player but now he is on the staff team which is great. I do believe you can recover from this and work your way back into the community. With all of that being said I wish you the best of luck on your appeal and hope to see you back ingame soon. +1

• Optimistic 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of consideration, it has been decided that you are to be unbanned with a suspension of 1 month from the original ban date (Expires on 2020-11-19). I have just straight up unbanned the RennieS account, but I expect you to not log into that till the Wongus account is unbanned on the date above otherwise I'll reinstate the ban.

As for the RennieS account, you connected with Wongus a couple months after the initial ban so we believe you to have served that sentence, but of course we wish for you to serve the month for evasion.

Your membership has also been stripped and it will take at least a minimum of 3 months before you can be reconsidered, which is a given imo.

This is your second chance, please don't throw it away. Appeal Accepted.

Edited by George
  • Love 1

• George locked this topic