Oscar's Unban Appeal

Oscar

Steam Username: Oscar

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:68353345

Link to ban request (if there is one): N/A

Which server are you banned from?: DayZ

How long have you been playing on our server(s): since 2018

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: I was banned once before from this server for racism and toxicity, to which I fully take responsibility for and already served the ban time that was issued to me.

If you have been banned, how many times?: Twice, once before mentioned above.

Why do you think you were banned?: I was banned for toxicity and making a DDoS threat towards another player.

Why should we lift your ban?: I can completely understand that a ban for a DDoS threat would most likely not be lifted, however I still feel the need to make an appeal to at least.  I enjoy playing on this server and the community, hence why I continue to contribute to the Discord server since being banned.  I would love to continue playing on this server, as a lot of fun memories and friends have been made while playing.  I am genuinely sorry for the actions that I have made, and I will continue to take full responsibility for those actions, regardless of whether my ban is lifted or not.  I will make my best effort to not be toxic, whether on or off the server, and regardless of if the ban is lifted, and under no circumstances will I ever issue a threat of a DDoS attack ever again.  I now realize the seriousness of the actions that I have taken and am sincerely sorry for them.  Again, I understand if the severity of my actions will keep me banned regardless of this appeal.  I do not hold it against anyone who decides to keep me banned because of my actions, however I will ask you to understand that I have truly come around from being the level of toxic that I was previously. I have gotten significantly better at controlling my emotions and managing my anger and frustration, as well as the words I choose to use if I do end up venting that anger verbally.  Thank you for taking the time to read this, and again, thank you for your consideration and understanding.

I have played with this guy many times and I am happy to say I have never experienced any negative behaviour or toxicity. Which leads me to believe this was a rare occurrence and a mistake that will not be repeated now that he realises how serious the consequences are for breaking the rules. 

All in all, I believe Oscar deserves a second chance, but I expect to see a much friendlier, more patient Oscar in the future if he is to be unbanned 

+1

Although the severity of your exploitation was up there, I do believe that you've had enough time to think about the outcome of the situation. I do remember running into you quite often in the server and never had any complaints against you. I believe you should recieve a second chance my good son. GL +1

I'm not sure we have officially met as I do not remember meeting you at all. I do believe that this appeal is sincere. However, the problem I have personally is the ban evasion attempt that was made recently which has me questioning whether or not you should be unbanned. Given that this evasion attempt was significantly recent, It leads me to believe that this appeal was your last resort because the family sharing would not allow you to play. I'm gonna need more time to evaluate the situation and come to my decision, for now. Neutral.

https://gyazo.com/57ffffc77e9ef4cb656773089b28b825

We do greatly appreciate honesty, but I feel like Kalder hit the nail on the head with the evasion attempt. A majority of the time, any evasion attempts someone has will greatly affect the outcome of an appeal because of it. More often than not, this means they do not get unbanned regardless of the severity of their ban reason.

If you were to get un-perma'd, I would vote for a 2 month extension starting at your last evasion at the least.

On 9/6/2020 at 10:18 PM, George said:

I think you forgot to talk about that attempted evasion with steam family sharing, must've slipped your mind 🙂

18 hours ago, Kalder said:

I'm not sure we have officially met as I do not remember meeting you at all. I do believe that this appeal is sincere. However, the problem I have personally is the ban evasion attempt that was made recently which has me questioning whether or not you should be unbanned. Given that this evasion attempt was significantly recent, It leads me to believe that this appeal was your last resort because the family sharing would not allow you to play. I'm gonna need more time to evaluate the situation and come to my decision, for now. Neutral.

https://gyazo.com/57ffffc77e9ef4cb656773089b28b825

2 hours ago, Rolchax said:

We do greatly appreciate honesty, but I feel like Kalder hit the nail on the head with the evasion attempt. A majority of the time, any evasion attempts someone has will greatly affect the outcome of an appeal because of it. More often than not, this means they do not get unbanned regardless of the severity of their ban reason.

If you were to get un-perma'd, I would vote for a 2 month extension starting at your last evasion at the least.

I was not aware that using another account was against the rules, it makes sense to me now why it wouldn't be allowed. I wasn't meaning to evade a ban, I just didn't know if I was IP banned or if it was just my account, because my friend comes over and plays with me sometimes and I didn't want him to get banned. If I truly wanted to ban evade, I would've just made a new steam account and bought the game and used a vpn.

Edited by rip indefinitely lol

10 hours ago, rip indefinitely lol said:

I was not aware that using another account was against the rules, it makes sense to me now why it wouldn't be allowed. I wasn't meaning to evade a ban, I just didn't know if I was IP banned or if it was just my account, because my friend comes over and plays with me sometimes and I didn't want him to get banned. If I truly wanted to ban evade, I would've just made a new steam account and bought the game and used a vpn.

If someone wants to ban evade, the first thing they try is the free option - Steam family sharing. 172 people (so far) have attempted this method to avoid bans. 
The last thing they try is spending $10 on a copy of Gmod and use a VPN to avoid the ban. 

It always seems that when things start to get tense or when the accused faces opposition, the argument of a 'friend' did ___, or I did ___ for a 'friend', etc. always comes up instead of accepting the responsibility of the ban. 

I don't know you, and I don't know your intent. I just know that I've seen these defense claims used as an excuse a countless times across countless platforms.
Neutral

Edited by Fehnraal
removed irrelevant info

1 hour ago, Fehnraal said:

If someone wants to ban evade, the first thing they try is the free option - Steam family sharing. 172 people (so far) have attempted this method to avoid bans. 
The last thing they try is spending $10 on a copy of Gmod and use a VPN to avoid the ban. 

It always seems that when things start to get tense or when the accused faces opposition, the argument of a 'friend' did ___, or I did ___ for a 'friend', etc. always comes up instead of accepting the responsibility of the ban. 

I don't know you, and I don't know your intent. I just know that I've seen these defense claims used as an excuse a countless times across countless platforms.
Neutral

I completely admit to using another account to connect to the server, but my intentions were not to evade a ban. I can definitely see how "doing it for a friend" can seem like a pretty weak excuse, however I'm not really trying to use it as an excuse, more of just a reason on why I did it. The action should not be excused as clearly it is also breaking the rules and should be equally punished, regardless of whether or not I knew about the rule or what my intentions were.

14 hours ago, Rolchax said:

I agree with this statement, had you not attempted to evade may have made things a bit smoother for you here. However, your honesty shows. Good luck on your appeal. +1

1 hour ago, rip indefinitely lol said:

I completely admit to using another account to connect to the server, but my intentions were not to evade a ban. I can definitely see how "doing it for a friend" can seem like a pretty weak excuse, however I'm not really trying to use it as an excuse, more of just a reason on why I did it. The action should not be excused as clearly it is also breaking the rules and should be equally punished, regardless of whether or not I knew about the rule or what my intentions were.

Like I said, I cannot claim to know your intentions. The circumstances around the apparent ban & evasion attempt just don't look good in your favor. 

This: (1mo ago)
image.png.ee49b2d91f69537c46ab4215a145ad61.png
is a very vile action. DDOS is not only toxic in-game, but it is a threat to interrupt a person's personal life by shutting down their internet. For example, I am working from home right now because of COVID-19. If someone shut my internet down, I'd be sure to never let them on a server I managed ever again. 
A DDoS of the game server means nobody gets to play. This is still awful. 
This isn't just being toxic or annoying in-game, this goes way beyond that and effects people's real lives.

This: (2.5mo ago)
 image.png.ccc529206336245c29384afa82c917ae.png
shows that you've been banned before and didn't dial back the toxicity from the punishment at that time. 

I cannot claim to know your intentions or your remorse, but there's starting to be a track record of yourself and your character. 

You've been playing here since 2018, so these might just be anomalies in an otherwise perfect record. I genuinely hope this is the case. 

Again, remaining neutral to give you the benefit of the doubt.  

• Agree 1

I submitted the first toxicity report against Oscar for calling a guy who was speaking English with an accent "such a fucking ni**er" and telling him to kill himself. (No it was not in jest, you can watch the clips yourself.) I don't know how he has so many positive comments defending him, if he's this toxic even 5% of the time (likely considering the two bans) I don't think he can function here.

When you take into account the two toxicity bans, plus him attempting to evade and obviously lying about it; this should be an auto deny in my mind.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

I submitted the first toxicity report against Oscar for calling a guy who was speaking English with an accent "such a fucking ni**er" and telling him to kill himself. (No it was not in jest, you can watch the clips yourself.) I don't know how he has so many positive comments defending him, if he's this toxic even 5% of the time (likely considering the two bans) I don't think he can function here.

When you take into account the two toxicity bans, plus him attempting to evade and obviously lying about it; this should be an auto deny in my mind.

That ban came and went, along with that toxic attitude. Say what you will about me, but you don't know what I was going through at the time of that ban. That doesn't excuse the behavior, but know that I won't let myself stoop to that level of toxicity under any circumstance ever again. Also, I never lied about anything regarding the ban evasion. I genuinely did not know that connecting to the server using a different account was against the rules.  I'm sorry that the only experience you've had with me has not been good, and I hope every experience since will be positive.

20 hours ago, rip indefinitely lol said:

I genuinely did not know that connecting to the server using a different account was against the rules.

Just another quick input, this sounds good and well, but I would like you to name one other server that bans players and "allows" them to rejoin on another account. You were able to tell your friend "I can't play, I'm banned" or "let's play a different server", but instead you decided to play on an alt on a server you knew you were banned on. That's negligence at best, and a malicious attempt to play again at worst. 

It's kinda like getting kicked out of a restaraunt for stealing food. You don't tell your friend to come eat with you at that place again right after you got booted. There is no rule for that, it just IS an evasion attempt.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have seen you seem genuinely sorry for what happened. Personally I never have had anything against Oscar and get along with him pretty well. With this being said obviously a situation like this is to be avoided in the future if you wish to continue to play on CSi. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you stick around and be a bit more positive around other players on the server. Unban Appeal accepted. @rip indefinitely lol

Edited by phoon
  • Love 1

• phoon locked this topic