Only a day ban for this kind of behavior?

Warpizzle

Am I crazy for thinking this punishment amounts to nearly nothing for this type of behavior promoting racism and hate speech? I'm not pointing out any particular staff member because I'm sure this is on a guideline that they're required to follow but this isn't just shit talking or banter. What are the community's thoughts on this?

Only1Day..PNG

We currently don't have any set ban lengths for anything other than cheating. Most often ban lengths are decided by the admin that executes the ban. 

I personally believe the ban length should be extended, so I will be increasing it to a week.

If the player completes their ban length and returns with the same toxic behavior, we can surely increase it to a permanent ban.

Also thank you for submitting your original ban request.

This was his first altercation. Due to not being on at the time myself I could not warn him or silence him as I would do with other players, with that said I felt a day ban was enough to let him know what he said wasn't alright and if he continued on afterwards myself or another administrator would give him further punishments.