LIST OF SUGGESTIONS that can be good additions to the gamemode!

HUGE LIST OF SUGGESTIONS (not complete)

that can be good additions to the server! || by: 0101 (or JoJ on discord)

notes from me:
before i continue to write this list, i made this list originally for the dayz-wishlist section in the discord and was suggested to post it here so it doesn't get buried there, and some of these ideas were inspired from some suggestions in global chat in-game during a discussion yesterday. I can't recall who said what or came up with ideas but i think it will be good to have a big list of suggestions for the community to look at and discuss about! That being said this is my first forum post and my first time seeing the suggestion tab, so i will be taking a look there as well and adding any things to this list that i believe would be good additions as well (and give credit where is due of course!). i hope you all enjoy the read and please leave any criticism and even your ideas below! (also excuse my grammar if i make any errors, i just want to get this out there!)

now on too the list. - 0101.

1. Player Based marketplace/auction house (Separate from the marketplace)
-- Inspired by and similar to ESCAPE FROM TARKOV'S marketplace. This is basically a place where rarer items or scarce ammunition can be bought and sold. For example: I have m21, i give it to the npc to sell it on the market with MY desired price (or can setup an auction with a buyout and timer to take highest bid) THEN once sold, the seller can go back to the NPC and collect the cash whenever, and the buyer of course receives the item upon purchase.
Why? -- Brings a new mechanic/aspect to the game. EXTREMELY encourages the trade of rarer items or ammo in bulk. Helps those who do trade not have to sit in safezone and SPAM messages in global chat, so it can save them that time and allow them to actually participate in the game/pvp or save time and do things IRL instead! 
issues -- (brought up by phoon) players can just list items to insane prices and be able to store items separate from storage crate and just remove them when they wanna use them.

2. Zombie Hoards // Zombie Hotspots 
-- Just have like a transparent red circle on the map to indicate that it is a hotspot for zombies. This hotspot means that there are more zombies than usual and it can switch locations to another place of the map once it is cleared out.
Why? -- Well it won't be day-z without zombies, I have been seeing a lot of people in global chat mention that there is not much zombies. It would be a good addition for those who desire a group of zombies whether it is to farm some XP OR farm some cash (for those who have the skill to gain money from killing zombies!). It also just adds another mechanic to the game and it can also encourage pvp in the sense that multiple people may chase those incentives.  and for those fresh spawns, they gotta watch out with that area unless if they can handle all of the zombies with a knife. 
issues -- In my eyes, the only issue ive seen with adding more zombies in general into the game is probably performance issues, which if its just limited to certain places around the map then it wouldn't just be increasing zombies overall and just in those zones. Tom Cruise also mentioned that if its a hotspot then there should be some more incentive (better loot/more loot in that hot spot since zombies only really give xp and money). if that is really an issue and the normal amount of xp/cash given from zombies isn't enough, then maybe also increase those rewards for only hot spot zombies? idk lmk what you all think!

3. Item (or multiple items) of the hour/day/etc.
-- As title says, just have it when you access the marketplace, it is listed on the top or side the hot items at the moment, meaning that it can be sold for more than usual.
Why? -- It would be a cool feature that could add some spice to the marketplace, and maybe make items that people usually find to be worthless be worth something such as a milk or orange juice, or maybe some ammo/weapons! It can encourage people to think twice about when selling their items or hold on to it and sell for more (way more depending on how much more things will sell is up to the devs).
issues -- none really, i think its really can spice things up and possibly give things value that people overlook ingame.

4. New Weapons / More attatchments
-- This might be a longshot (and a very repetitive suggestion). Personally I don't know much about our current weapon pack or if there even is things to add, but if there is I really don't see the reason not to add some weapons into the game whether in spawns or only airdrops!
Why? -- Spices up things, brings something new to the gameplay, and always receives a good response from the community, for example last time new weapons were added and everyone got excited for it and player count rose due to the update!
issues -- none, maybe the tweaking of some weapons to balance things out?

5. Daily (or hourly) Challenges! (PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-- As title says, just have a list of challenges that players are able to complete, it can go from simple tasks (lower rewards) to harder tasks (higher rewards). rwards can be anywhere from cash, xp, or items (if up to me, i'd have it mainly be cash and xp n include items for harder ones). Challenges can vary, it can be like kill a certain amount of zombies, kill a certain amount of bandits, loot 10 of a specific item (something stupid like 10 orange juice or something to give it another reason to be looted), sell a certain amount of things, etc!
Why? -- Brings a new mechanic/aspect to the game THAT BRINGS MORE GOALS to accomplish within the gamemode!! It also provides playeers more of an incentive to hop on and complete challenges in exchange for rewards!
issues -- I really wan't this mechanic to be implemented, I see no issue in this other than it may be require a lot of time to come up with enough challenges and not have it repetitive, and people might take a bunch of challenges at once and complete them all quickly.  I forgot who brought up that issue, but i feel like that can be solved by just having a list in the npc of challenges to choose from and only be allowed to choose one or two out of the list and can not take more challenges until the selected ones are completed!

6. Maybe add accessories that can be purchased with cash/credits and have some limited to vip tiers to be purchased
-- Personally i love the addition of skins, but i find it too expensive. I don't want to say to lower their prices because it should be limited to those who choose to donate (or grind out bounties for credits). therefore accessories (similar to like pointshop ones i guess? idk) should be purchasable by ALL players with either cash or credits. then just have some ONLY for vip/donators for them to purchase or just have instantly which will give another incentive for people to donate!
Why? -- Idk, I feel like people would like to add some cool hats or glasses to their playermodel so they can differentiate from others and not just be the same skin but also make changing their entire player skin be a rarity for only  those with a lot of credits whether thru the grind or donating!
issues -- more downloads? may be an fps issue? lmk down below!

notes from me:
I am not going to lie, i spent a while re-writing and reading my suggestions so i am just going to post this to get it out there then im going to read other suggestions later on and add it to here and give credit where is due. But please leave feedback downbelow.

also i don't expect all of these to get added in, especially since there is still some bugfixing to do, but this can really add some more spice to the gamemode that i feel like many players right now would appreciate and enjoy to the fullest!
thanks for the read!

• Love 2

• 9 months later...