angel unban appeal

angel

Steam Username: angel

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:154441524

Link to ban request (if there is one): 

Which server are you banned from?: CSI GmodZ

How long have you been playing on our server(s): Couple Weeks

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: Nope, first ban.

If you have been banned, how many times?: 

Why do you think you were banned?: Aim Assistance

Why should we lift your ban?: I got a little tilted that i kept dying to people who were obviously cheating so i got a cheat and went to hunt for them in revenge and i got a little carried away and started killing anyone i saw. I've learned my lesson and i feel like i should be able to be given a second chance at playing.

Similar case to Hodok when he got mad and started toggling, seems regretful of his decisions 

anywho if you think anyone is ever cheating you just call for staff even when they’re offline using @ chat.     

+1

Any time you think that someone is cheating, your first instinct should never be to take it upon yourself to counter it with your own because then you end up being the one using it and getting in trouble for it. I've dealt with a few cases like this and it's always the intention to beat the "cheater" but everyone else they kill with it is just collateral damage, which is not ok in my book.

We have so many server messages running in the chat telling you how to use admin chat, players in the community who would help you locate an admin, and the F1 help menu that tells you the command directly. I hate this excuse with a passion. 

Now that you understand the severity and the speed in which you will get caught, hopefully you'll think twice in any other server you play on. I'm remaining neutral until Phoon posts his evidence.

Rolchax pretty much summed everything up. We have had many people in the past react to players who were either better or cheating by toggling on. Best thing to do is just contact a staff member, taking things into your own hands in most cases is never a good idea. Although you did admit to using the cheat on randoms who happened to be affected by you trying to "punish" whoever you thought was cheating I have some concerns. I am not really totally buying the story of it was a rage toggle to counter another possible cheater. You were aimlocking on completely irrelevant people such as freshspawns who served absolutely no threat. You didn't provide a name for the player you thought was cheating which is concerning and leaves quite a big whole in your appeal. You also implied that there was multiple people who were "obviously cheating" which makes me almost think you hunted anyone who killed you in your little cheating spree. Hopefully you can answer some of my questions cause that would help clear up some of the assumptions I am making. I will post the evidence bellow with and explanation.

Anyone who plays FPS games knows that your aim simply isn't natural. The snapping flicking and jittering all around your target says it all. This was all the evidence I needed to ban you so that may be why I am making certain assumptions. As of right now I am definitely neutral. 

6 hours ago, phoon said:

Rolchax pretty much summed everything up. We have had many people in the past react to players who were either better or cheating by toggling on. Best thing to do is just contact a staff member, taking things into your own hands in most cases is never a good idea. Although you did admit to using the cheat on randoms who happened to be affected by you trying to "punish" whoever you thought was cheating I have some concerns. I am not really totally buying the story of it was a rage toggle to counter another possible cheater. You were aimlocking on completely irrelevant people such as freshspawns who served absolutely no threat. You didn't provide a name for the player you thought was cheating which is concerning and leaves quite a big whole in your appeal. You also implied that there was multiple people who were "obviously cheating" which makes me almost think you hunted anyone who killed you in your little cheating spree. Hopefully you can answer some of my questions cause that would help clear up some of the assumptions I am making. I will post the evidence bellow with and explanation.

Anyone who plays FPS games knows that your aim simply isn't natural. The snapping flicking and jittering all around your target says it all. This was all the evidence I needed to ban you so that may be why I am making certain assumptions. As of right now I am definitely neutral. 

I don’t quite remember who exactly it was by name hence i was banned more than a week and a half ago. But i remember one guy and i think his name was mad man or something along those lines with man, there was also 2 russian kids. As of now those are the only ones i can recall if i remember anyone i’ll be sure to reply to your next message about it.

Ideally we'd prefer that no one cheats on the server. On the premise that you go through the proper routes and don't cheat again, I will +1 the appeal. If this does get accepted, remember that there are no more chances after.

You should never hack in response to another person hacking. You've only been banned a week so I'm going to go ahead and deny this. We have been known to give second chances and I'm certain you will receive one, but in this case you can appeal your ban in 2 weeks time. Until then you can reflect on what you did and hopefully not make the same error if you eventually return. 

Appeal Denied

• George locked this topic