Kalder's Administrator App

Kalder

Steam Name: CSi. Kalder

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:92607818

How long have you been playing on our server(s): 3-4 years not including server downtime.

Which server do you play the most: CSi. Gmod Day-Z Chernobyl.

How often are you available?: Monday-Sunday throughout the day. On some Friday's/Saturday's due to visiting my Gf I wont be on but can still reply through discord.

Have you ever been banned? If so, tell us why: N/A.

What is your experience as an Administrator?: Listed in order:

1. Deceitful Gaming (Gmod Day-Z) mod+admin for approximately a year.

2. TopKek Gaming (Gmod Day-Z) mod+admin for approximately 6 months.

3. Outbreak Gaming (Gmod Day-Z) mod+admin+server manager for about 4 months before going down.

4. XMP (Gmod Day-Z) mod+admin for about a year maybe a little longer.

What are you able to bring to the Administration Team?: I'm able to bring a positive attitude to the community as well as the individual players I may encounter. Having experience dealing with situations, I have learned not to get frustrated when dealing with something. I'd like to consider myself well known in the community and know the very few rules CSi. has to bring and I would love to be able to enforce them and answer any questions anyone might have. I also have 2-3 years of staffing experience so I know what to expect when it comes. Minimal training needed!

Reputable names that recommended you as an Administrator: Mr Solo Dolo, Cantaloupe

~ ~ ~ ~ Scenarios ~ ~ ~ ~
What would be the best way to handle this situation?
You see a fairly new player go around and begin telling players that RDM is punishable in the server and will lead the player to receive a permanent ban.
Answer: Firstly, I would inform the player that this game mode is specifically PvP in a private message, I would maybe offer to help him get more familiar with the game mode and maybe even play with him a bit (grow a relationship). If he kept up the accusations of "rdm", I would then inform him in global as well as inform everyone that "rdm" is not a thing for this specific type of game mode and there are no punishments behind it. If he kept on he'd either be trolling or just simply doesn't care which would then carry to a silence for maybe 2-5 min as well as me explaining to him "rdm" simply does not exist before unsilencing. If for whatever reason he continued it would then be pushed to a kick.

You witness a fellow admin abusing his/her powers by noclipping for loot multiple times.
Not only does he/her noclip for loot, but kills people while being noclipped as well.
Answer: I would gather evidence in a way the "abuser" wouldn't know. I would simply review that evidence as well as get in contact with upper management, (Teddy, Xavier, Dan, Varme), and explain to them whats going on in a sense that they understand as well as supply them with my evidence.

A player begins stating that he's going to grab another player's IP address after being killed in-game. That's all the information that is provided.
Answer: Up and foremost if I saw it myself and was in game I would immediately let him/them know ddosing and any other threats like it are strictly nothing to mess around about and will result in an immediate ban, no questions asked. If I were getting reports about someone doing so I would ask them to supply me with the evidence and I would immediately dispose of such behavior because as I said, this is nothing to "joke" around about.

You see a CSi. member harassing players and being an overall toxic player to other players within the DayZ server and Discord
Answer: Being apart of the CSi. community is a privilege and should be taken seriously because they as a player represent CSi. I would first try and talk to the CSi. member one on one and ask them whats going on. After getting the story I would explain to them that harassing and being toxic to other individual players is not okay. I would also mention the CSi. member tag can be revoked if felt like they did more harm than good. Id explain it in a way that made sense and try to relate with them as an individual. If this continued I would contact upper management and explain to them what was going on. 

Edited by CSi. Kalder
Revising words

5 hours ago, Mr Solo Dolo said:

Question. Why did you leave xmp?

I never resigned nor did I quit, I was inactive for maybe 4 days due to vacation. When I came back the server was down. After talking with “Ohamis”, the server owner, he decided he was gonna take it down only to put it back up a couple months later.

Edited by CSi. Kalder
Mis spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You hold a lot of passion for the server when you play, you have a great reputation with everyone you interact with, have great experience as an admin, and to top it all off, you've been active since day 1 (except for that little 3 week stint a month ago). Yee yee cowboy +1.

I've known Kalder for a long time now and I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to slap him on the wrist for anything. He's been a great player and friend. He's friendly and quick to answer questions that new players have. I don't have anything negative to say about him and wouldn't mind seeing him on the administration team. +1 from me.

Kalder has been with us a long time and has shown dedication throughout. He always maintains a positive attitude whilst proving adaptable to different situations in good manner. I've witnessed him help out players where he can utilising his vast experience and knowledge from his time in the community. He's considerate, friendly and easy-going. Overall I think he would be a great fit and shows a lot of potential. 

Kalder is a shining example of the type of player I wish to see be staff. He's energetic, helpful and a well rounded character. Considering he's back online, due to a technological error, He's alive and kicking by engaging our community as if he never left. He's a veteran player who's shown his dedication by helping both new players and even admins alike. He understands the ins and outs of the game mode to a T. His moderating experience is extremely well endowed with years of staffing popular gmod dayz servers. I see no con in allowing him to become a CSi staff member. 

• 6 months later...

Yes I have been gone for a while due to college but my interest in becoming staff for CSi. hastn't changed. Personally I've never staffed DarkRP but I'm a quick learner and know most rules/how to resolve. My availability would be Monday through Sunday 3 and after. Every other weekend I drive to my girls house so every other weekend I will not be available in game. Although I will still have access via discord for questions. @Xavier

• George locked this topic