Rewards for being friendly?/Easier friendly status?

Piezoola

I feel as if staying friendly is just as hard as becoming a bounty, Keeping fresh spawns and other low tier looted players alive is risky. If there was a way to implement a reward system (I know a lower respawn time is a thing but in my opinion is not an incentive to make people want to stay friendly) people will only be looking for bandits and bounty players. I know this might seem a bit to hard to implement but if a player hurts you and is not a bandit or bounty you don't lose your friendly status for killing them. IDK just an interesting idea, tired of just seeing really good players killing new players and seeing them get frustrated. Thoughts?

Edited by Piezoola

Rewards and a positive incentive for being a more friendly player is something that has always been brushed over and brought up here and there in the past. Would be interesting to hear what kind of ideas you guys have. 

Id love to see a new friendly reward system as everyone complains everyone KOS and shoot anything that moves adding in a friendly reward system would encourage players to attempt that route and maybe make some new friends while at it

also it'll maybe bring a less toxic environment

I've been seeing an interesting idea going around about a hero system. We have bandits and bounties, why not friendly's and heroes? Maybe have perks for the bandits and have perks for only the heroes. For example bandits have to pay more to use the shop but friendlies get discounts at the shop, and little perks like these would make this bandits Vs. friendlies thing interesting.

Edited by Piezoola

On 10/14/2018 at 11:07 AM, Piezoola said:

I've been seeing an interesting idea going around about a hero system. We have bandits and bounties, why not friendly's and heroes? Maybe have perks for the bandits and have perks for only the heroes. For example bandits have to pay more to use the shop but friendlies get discounts at the shop, and little perks like these would make this bandits Vs. friendlies thing interesting.

I really like that idea but what do bandits get?

Maybe like bandits get extra cash per kill, More ammo chance on pick up with guns and once you become bounty/hero the big perks come in

you can add stages before becoming a full-fledged bandit, or a hero (friendly) really need to come up with names for all of this. it would be foolish to make you either a bandit or a friendly one. btw, you can make more expensive the prices in the store for the bandits, what would be the incentive becomes a friendly (to them the same discount in the store)

On 10/14/2018 at 9:07 PM, Piezoola said:

not quite imagine this perk system, how it will be implemented, and whether it is unbalanced

4 hours ago, AimbotBTW said:

What would be cool and would make bounty wurf is that when your are bounty you get x3 nonsense then normal and for bandits its x2 and for friendlies/heros you can get maybe triple the credits from a bounty and x2 for a friendly

iVHfwLc.gif

that sounds nice

19 hours ago, CrazyGod said:

that sounds nice

19 hours ago, CrazyGod said:

you can add stages before becoming a full-fledged bandit, or a hero (friendly) really need to come up with names for all of this. it would be foolish to make you either a bandit or a friendly one. btw, you can make more expensive the prices in the store for the bandits, what would be the incentive becomes a friendly (to them the same discount in the store)

not quite imagine this perk system, how it will be implemented, and whether it is unbalanced

Pls dont make Bandits have to pay more for items in the shop because if that happens theres no really going to be any bandits for friendly people to kill cause no one wants to pay extra 

7 hours ago, AimbotBTW said:

Pls dont make Bandits have to pay more for items in the shop because if that happens theres no really going to be any bandits for friendly people to kill cause no one wants to pay extra 

Name a time you bought more than 50 rounds from the shop that weren't sniper rounds. If bandits/bounties received extra cash on kill, extreme market prices even things back out. It isn't a bad system to imagine.

As for Bandit/Bounty & Friendly/Hero implementations, I like the idea of 

On 10/11/2018 at 8:01 PM, Piezoola said:

...if a player hurts you and is not a bandit or bounty you don't lose your friendly status for killing them.

where friendly players receive the friendly tag after 1 bandit kill unless they are above the 3 kill mark for bandits. Friendly players could then possibly work towards hero status by hunting down 3-5 bandits because the risk involved is significantly greater than mindless headhunting for 20 kills. With neutral players being the biggest variable here, implementing some form of "who shot who first" is a necessity for it to work properly. 

There is also something to be said about a neutral claiming a bounty, or a friendly claiming bounty. I believe that if a non-bandit player kills the bounty they should be rewarded with an instant reputation increase (neutral to friendly/friendly to hero) to skip the 3-5 bandits required for hero status.

On 10/14/2018 at 1:07 PM, Piezoola said:

and I quite like the idea of changing market pricing based on standing. After 40 kills, you aren't allowed to go to safezone anyways, so I believe raising the price of goods for bandits and then another increase in pricing for bounties would be a smart way to transition between 0 kills to 40. Say maybe a 50%-75% increase in price for bandits, and a 125%-200% increase for bounties. Also, the inclusion of increased revenue for kills - 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:14 AM, Medinator said:

I really like that idea but what do bandits get?

Maybe like bandits get extra cash per kill, More ammo chance on pick up with guns and once you become bounty/hero the big perks come in

- would mean greater rewards for friendlies/heros performing their roles, and a greater incentive to play as the good guy. Bandits could receive $25 extra per kill, while bounties earned $50 extra per kill (automatically placed in the player's inventory similarly to the zombie drops, or not, I just think it would let bounties roam freely with fewer risky stops while still stacking $) which could count towards one of the perks to bounty. I disagree with giving bandits and friendlies low level boosts like extra drop chances or better loot numbers because I've seen countless new players get bandit by just playing for a while only defending themselves. 

I also have ideas to implement a map dot for heroes similar to the bounty dot

On 10/16/2018 at 9:38 AM, AimbotBTW said:

What would be cool and would make bounty wurf is that when your are bounty you get x3 nonsense then normal and for bandits its x2 and for friendlies/heros you can get maybe triple the credits from a bounty and x2 for a friendly

iVHfwLc.gif

and increase credit/bounty kill revenue for friendlies by 100% (double the credits earned, and $1000 instead of the normal $500) and heroes by 250%-300%.

Please let me know what you agree with/disagree with, and what you would change. I'm super tired atm and I skipped the bandit/bounty counter-measures for the last few suggestions with plans to come back and edit tomorrow.

Seeing some really interesting ideas about how to implement a friendly system, an interesting idea I saw

1 hour ago, Rolchax said:

Maybe friendly and neutral players can see the heroes but bandits/bounty players can't, a kill on a hero is an insta bandit status and all the negative/positive perks for being a bandit will take affect. Still looking for more ideas to balance out perks for being a bandit/hero. Two ideas I would like to see be implemented...

and increase credit/bounty kill revenue for friendlies by 100% (double the credits earned, and $1000 instead of the normal $500) and heroes by 250%-300%

Say maybe a 50%-75% increase in price for bandits, and a 125%-200% increase for bounties. Also, the inclusion of increased revenue for kills 

But we should add some more positive quirks for bandits or else everyone will not want to shoot each other:BlobHeart: . An Idea I had is for every friendly/hero a bandit kills they receive x2 multiplier to $$$$. For example, a bandit kills 1 friendly they get the normal amount 50$ (if they have the money drop perk maxed) then the next kill they get on a friendly it will multiply by two so 100$ and so on and so on. Getting a hero kill will give them a x3 multiplier.

One last note, being friendly to random people and players actually made them want to stay and interact with the community and all n all created a more positive vibe to the server, but with no benefit of being friendly most players go headhunting; I really hope this whole Friendly's VS Bandits idea gets implemented to the server its always nice to see new faces return after being treated with meds and $ instead of a 1 tap with an RB.

Edited by Piezoola

2 hours ago, Rolchax said:

Name a time you bought more than 50 rounds from the shop that weren't sniper rounds. If bandits/bounties received extra cash on kill, extreme market prices even things back out. It isn't a bad system to imagine.

As for Bandit/Bounty & Friendly/Hero implementations, I like the idea of 

where friendly players receive the friendly tag after 1 bandit kill unless they are above the 3 kill mark for bandits. Friendly players could then possibly work towards hero status by hunting down 3-5 bandits because the risk involved is significantly greater than mindless headhunting for 20 kills. With neutral players being the biggest variable here, implementing some form of "who shot who first" is a necessity for it to work properly. 

There is also something to be said about a neutral claiming a bounty, or a friendly claiming bounty. I believe that if a non-bandit player kills the bounty they should be rewarded with an instant reputation increase (neutral to friendly/friendly to hero) to skip the 3-5 bandits required for hero status.

and I quite like the idea of changing market pricing based on standing. After 40 kills, you aren't allowed to go to safezone anyways, so I believe raising the price of goods for bandits and then another increase in pricing for bounties would be a smart way to transition between 0 kills to 40. Say maybe a 50%-75% increase in price for bandits, and a 125%-200% increase for bounties. Also, the inclusion of increased revenue for kills - 

- would mean greater rewards for friendlies/heros performing their roles, and a greater incentive to play as the good guy. Bandits could receive $25 extra per kill, while bounties earned $50 extra per kill (automatically placed in the player's inventory similarly to the zombie drops, or not, I just think it would let bounties roam freely with fewer risky stops while still stacking $) which could count towards one of the perks to bounty. I disagree with giving bandits and friendlies low level boosts like extra drop chances or better loot numbers because I've seen countless new players get bandit by just playing for a while only defending themselves. 

and increase credit/bounty kill revenue for friendlies by 100% (double the credits earned, and $1000 instead of the normal $500) and heroes by 250%-300%.

Please let me know what you agree with/disagree with, and what you would change. I'm super tired atm and I skipped the bandit/bounty counter-measures for the last few suggestions with plans to come back and edit tomorrow.

Can I get a TL:DR on this?

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I have a really great idea on how to fix the KOSing in this gamemode, just you wait.

I am down. But do not make it where it completely changes the gameplay. I do not want to play an RP zombie survival game.