Becoming Bounty Should Be More Rewarding

HippoIppo

A little history: the reason why bounties were implemented in the first place was for becoming a bounty to be disadvantage. It was implemented this way to discourage murdering fresh spawns. Originally, the threshold was 8 kills. This increased gradually over time to the point where it completely misses its original goal and is now interpreted as an achievement of sorts.

In foresight of leaderboards (highest killstreak, total kills, etc)  I feel like this feature will completely lose its original purpose, so I'm open to the idea.

What kind of reward would you like to see implemented?

I feel like you normally get enough loot with 25 kills in one life already including the stuff you pick up while running around.

25 kills is also at a minimum $1250 for your bank with the maxed out skill that gives money on kill in peoples' bags.

45 minutes ago, Varme said:

I feel like you normally get enough loot with 25 kills in one life already including the stuff you pick up while running around.

25 kills is also at a minimum $1250 for your bank with the maxed out skill that gives money on kill in peoples' bags.

I was thinking someone might use the $50 skill as an counter argument. (in which its a valid argument). But I when I made this post I couldn't think of a valid counter point to that counter point. All I got is that when you do get 25 kills+ you are also using a butt load of ammo. So you are not gaining much imo.

Alright bois stay with me. Lets say you use around 30ish shots with an ak47 on the average to kill someone. Whether you miss some shots or the guy med spams, it doesnt really matter rn. (fair enough?) And each person u kill most likely does not have ammo you desire.  Lets just say every single person has 30 shots for ya. (cuz some people u kill may have 100, or some might have none) At that point are you really gaining loot? This is just how I see it. 

Also, if you think $1250 is reasonable prize after looting each body for the $50. It really is not. Because I am not sure if everyone here knows this but you can literally sit at airfield (the bottom-right corner of the map) for at most 15 minute and make more $$$. You can make way more money by just picking up jerry cans and other random loot and then scrolling to sell it all. Now, I am not saying "omg nerf jerry cans. its an ez farm for money and is too good". If you guys think money is a good prize for becoming bounty. Im all for it. But $1250 is way too low. Even if its the minimum you are getting.

Something that was prevalent on a lot of Pking Runescape private servers back in the day was a physical scoreboard that displayed top players in terms of kills, streaks and largest drops. I like the idea of having a scoreboard in SZ that tracks bounties gained and rewards the players at the end of the week/month with a prize of sorts along those lines.

I don't agree with rewarding bounties with additional rewards, xp, credits, money ect. because you can get on and kill 25 fresh spawns/ new players very easily since we have restarted the server, causing the gratification for a bounty to drop significantly. I would be more interested in rewarding the player if, for example, the pre bounty title was extended to 40-50 and bounty became 50+. 

1 hour ago, Azure said:

Something that was prevalent on a lot of Pking Runescape private servers back in the day was a physical scoreboard that displayed top players in terms of kills, streaks and largest drops. I like the idea of having a scoreboard in SZ that tracks bounties gained and rewards the players at the end of the week/month with a prize of sorts along those lines.

I don't agree with rewarding bounties with additional rewards, xp, credits, money ect. because you can get on and kill 25 fresh spawns/ new players very easily since we have restarted the server, causing the gratification for a bounty to drop significantly. I would be more interested in rewarding the player if, for example, the pre bounty title was extended to 40-50 and bounty became 50+. 

I like the idea of rewarding people with top stats within a period of time. 

Also, maybe can there be different levels of bounty like every 10 kills. And each level gets a different kind of reward? Like getting 50+ kills should get 100 credits or something (if you wanna reward them with credits). While the regular can get like 25 or 50.

Edit: Also, if new perks are getting worked on. Maybe, giving credits as rewards wont be as OP as it is rn

Edited by HippoIppo

21 hours ago, HippoIppo said:

I like the idea of rewarding people with top stats within a period of time. 

Also, maybe can there be different levels of bounty like every 10 kills. And each level gets a different kind of reward? Like getting 50+ kills should get 100 credits or something (if you wanna reward them with credits). While the regular can get like 25 or 50.

22 hours ago, Azure said:

I think some type of combination of these 2 ideas would be a cool idea for bounty system rework.

We need to implement a hero for those that actually do good and not kill freshies. You have Bandit and then bounty. Why not have good and then the more bandits/bounty you kill you become a hero that gives you some sort of advantage. You might think it can be broken but you'd have to go through the trouble of not killing anyone that isnt a bandit or bounty so I think it would be nice we just need some sort of reward system to being a hero.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:14 AM, TeddyBears said:

As of this morning, bounty kill requirement had been lowered to 15. 

I used to think that 15 was perfect, up until yesterday. I feel like 20 would be better. Unless there is a way to make more tiers of bounties.