Unban Me(please)

Har Mar Superstar

28 minutes ago, phoon said:

This isn't an evaluation of George its an evaluation of yourself. I think its in your best interest to not attack the people who control rather or not you are going to be unbanned. It's pretty obvious your attitude has not changed, it's more like you felt like you had the right to be unbanned because "it wasn't against the rules". I don't think you are changed whatsoever. Just because you are now interested in the server doesn't mean you are entitled to an unban. What you did was wrong, there is a difference between saying slurs out of context without any reasoning behind it. In your case you directed it towards players and it had obvious intent behind it. If it were up to me I would keep you banned.

I don't see how you could know if my attitude has changed or not, all I said was that I did what I did at the time because there were no rules against it.I do not feel entitled at all, and If I did don't you think i'd just be demanding to be unbanned, rather than asking? I said many times that what I did was wrong and that I apologize for it. Could you clear up what makes you think that I have not changed at all? Because from what I wrote I don't see how I gave any indication of it being otherwise.

Edited by Har Mar Superstar

22 minutes ago, George said:

Lmao, if I'm to get punished for being rude to a toxic retard like you so be it.

Shit I better bucker up

Also I said "illiterate baboon", which I suppose applies to this guy adding his unbiased 2 cents

It's just my sense of humour, calling idiots what they are instead of treating them like they had a little slip up saying racist and homophobic shit just because they can.

You guys need to lose that extra chromosome and go back to whatever nook you clambered out of.

I'm pretty sure your attitude has driven away many more players than I ever have. You've contributed nothing to this thread except making the staff team look bad.

• Disagree 1

George is a good staff member and is a cool dude. I don't really care for toxicity because it doesn't affect me on the internet. I have ran into this dude sometimes before on the old map, and I remember him saying toxic things. I didn't pay it any mind and just kept playing, but I know some people take stuff like that to the heart. However, I've been banned multiple times for cheating, and I can see how people would be skeptical to unban a cheater. This guy didn't cheat though he was just being very toxic. I'm not friends with this person, but I'd give him a chance since he was banned at the end of 2018. You guys can just put him on a leash like he's on probation.

Main point +1 because I've been given lots of chances.

Edit: Technically, I came back to the server from a wipe and not an unban. I still didn't do anything to get me banned though after that wipe.

Edited by peatreat
  • Agree 1

Here's a serious response.

11 minutes ago, Har Mar Superstar said:

I'm pretty sure your attitude has driven away many more players than I ever have. You've contributed nothing to this thread except making the staff team look bad.

I don't believe I have made the staff team bad, and the only players I've "driven away" are ones who had no intention of playing (at least by the rules), such as you and your friends. Now I'm going to give a proper response instead of the one from my phone in bed. Yes, my attitude is pretty bad, but I only direct it towards people who are deserving of it, such as you in this case. In no way shape or form would I direct it towards a player abiding by the rules and getting along with other people, rather than calling them many derogatory slurs. Granted, you haven't done that in this appeal, but you did it plenty in the past with your only excuse being that it wasn't punishable back then, and therefore it's alright.

7 hours ago, aLonelyMan1233 said:

On the other hand, I looked at what George said and I don't understand how this guy is an admin the way he talks. The fact when I was here nobody took into consideration this behavior from upper management when I was around is atrocious. It is appalling, but this isn't the first time I heard complaints about CSi's community and management. But the old, "If you don't like it, then fucking leave" will be told to me. Of course. I said things that were awful before, but this is just as bad if not worse than what I said. This is unprofessional.

Har Mar is an idiot at heart, he called people everything under the sun just for the fun of it, no other reason. But now that the server has an active player base he wants to play again, he doesn't deserve to do so. People who followed the rules and treat other players well, deserve that privilege to continue playing without hindrance. I'm British, I like making fun of people. I don't make fun of random people though because I'm an Administrator for CSi, and therefore I only target "idiots", people who deserve to be treated as such because they don't follow the rules, especially people like Har who use every slur in his little book simply because it made him giggle.

I don't really know what you said, but me calling someone a "illiterate baboon" and an "ape" (referring to their intelligence of course) I imagine isn't comparable to what made you kicked from the community, but I can say for sure in comparison to Har, I am nowhere near his level.

5 hours ago, aLonelyMan1233 said:

This won't get by the power hungry admins. They love their banning. I showed other people the comment George made and they said "nope not joining that community". Someone said this.

KA7Rzje.png

I do in fact love banning rule breakers, I won't lie! The guy who said he would demote me in an instance has clearly never been in any management position, not to mention that is a clear bias, since I imagine he has no view on the situation at hand, just what you painted for him, as if it even matters.

22 minutes ago, George said:

Here's a serious response.

I don't believe I have made the staff team bad, and the only players I've "driven away" are ones who had no intention of playing (at least by the rules), such as you and your friends. Now I'm going to give a proper response instead of the one from my phone in bed. Yes, my attitude is pretty bad, but I only direct it towards people who are deserving of it, such as you in this case. In no way shape or form would I direct it towards a player abiding by the rules and getting along with other people, rather than calling them many derogatory slurs. Granted, you haven't done that in this appeal, but you did it plenty in the past with your only excuse being that it wasn't punishable back then, and therefore it's alright.

Har Mar is an idiot at heart, he called people everything under the sun just for the fun of it, no other reason. But now that the server has an active player base he wants to play again, he doesn't deserve to do so. People who followed the rules and treat other players well, deserve that privilege to continue playing without hindrance. I'm British, I like making fun of people. I don't make fun of random people though because I'm an Administrator for CSi, and therefore I only target "idiots", people who deserve to be treated as such because they don't follow the rules, especially people like Har who use every slur in his little book simply because it made him giggle.

I don't really know what you said, but me calling someone a "illiterate baboon" and an "ape" (referring to their intelligence of course) I imagine isn't comparable to what made you kicked from the community, but I can say for sure in comparison to Har, I am nowhere near his level.

I do in fact love banning rule breakers, I won't lie! The guy who said he would demote me in an instance has clearly never been in any management position, not to mention that is a clear bias, since I imagine he has no view on the situation at hand, just what you painted for him, as if it even matters.

You make the staff team look terrible simply by you acting like a complete child every time you post in this thread. You picking and choosing who you act like a child to doesn't help you, and would turn many people off regardless of what I did in the past. Just because you get a kick out of it doesn't mean it's right, as I've stated before. You and other admins seem to have this misunderstanding that I said what I did was "alright". I've said time and again, I did it because there wasn't a rule against it, yes. However, I fully admit, like I have many other times in this thread, that it was not "alright" and still isn't. 

5 minutes ago, Har Mar Superstar said:

You make the staff team look terrible simply by you acting like a complete child every time you post in this thread. You picking and choosing who you act like a child to doesn't help you, and would turn many people off regardless of what I did in the past. Just because you get a kick out of it doesn't mean it's right, as I've stated before. You and other admins seem to have this misunderstanding that I said what I did was "alright". I've said time and again, I did it because there wasn't a rule against it, yes. However, I fully admit, like I have many other times in this thread, that it was not "alright" and still isn't. 

Yet you are only sorry because the server is active, you never made these apologies a year ago or even showed an ounce of remorse. I also find it funny how you think you can judge how I act towards you after you spent your time calling people the gamer word.

14 minutes ago, George said:

Yet you are only sorry because the server is active, you never made these apologies a year ago or even showed an ounce of remorse. I also find it funny how you think you can judge how I act towards you after you spent your time calling people the gamer word.

Why would you reasonably expect someone to try to make amends with a server that has no player base? That seems absurd at best and stupid at worst. I can judge how you act as a staff member because as one you represent CSI, and unfortunately you're doing a remarkably abhorrent job at representing it. While I don't expect an admin to act professional on a video game server of all places, I at least expect to be treated with a little respect, which every admin, a council member, and even regular players have done except for you. Take a few tips from the admins who actually know what they're doing and i'm sure you'd be good at your role.

3 minutes ago, Har Mar Superstar said:

Why would you reasonably expect someone to try to make amends with a server that has no player base? That seems absurd at best and stupid at worst. I can judge how you act as a staff member because as one you represent CSI, and unfortunately you're doing a remarkably abhorrent job at representing it. While I don't expect an admin to act professional on a video game server of all places, I at least expect to be treated with a little respect, which every admin, including a council member, has done except for you.

That's because I don't respect you, you don't deserve any respect the other staff have showed you. The community is called "Can't Stand Idiots", you were too dimwitted to even discreetly be toxic, instead you jumped in head first and are now upset when someone speaks to you in a way you don't like. This is a gmodz community I'm not going to act like we're running a business here.

7 minutes ago, George said:

That's because I don't respect you, you don't deserve any respect the other staff have showed you. The community is called "Can't Stand Idiots", you were too dimwitted to even discreetly be toxic, instead you jumped in head first and are now upset when someone speaks to you in a way you don't like. This is a gmodz community I'm not going to act like we're running a business here.

There were no rules against it, so why would I try to hide it? Also, if you read what I posted, I blatantly said I do not expect admins to act professional on a video game server. I'm not really upset, just baffled as to how someone like you is able to represent the staff team, who has almost always been good at their job.

1 minute ago, Har Mar Superstar said:

There were no rules against it, so why would I try to hide it? Also, if you read what I posted, I blatantly said I do not expect admins to act professional on a video game server. I'm not really upset, just baffled as to how someone like you is able to represent the staff team, who has almost always been good at their job.

I'm a good staff member, your issue with me is how I've treated you, which is less my skills as an admin but rather my personality, which is fair and I couldn't care less what most people think of me apart from peatreat. This should be my last comment here now since this is a ban appeal for you, not my staff report.

3 minutes ago, George said:

I'm a good staff member, your issue with me is how I've treated you, which is less my skills as an admin but rather my personality, which is fair and I couldn't care less what most people think of me apart from peatreat. This should be my last comment here now since this is a ban appeal for you, not my staff report.

As an admin you represent the staff team, as I mentioned before. I don't care about your personality, but when you act like a child on the forums, which everyone can read, it's a bad look for the server. If you truly believe you're a good staff member then take into consideration that what you do doesn't just effect you, but the entire community itself. Anyways I agree, this should go back to focusing on the ban appeal.

This appeal has started to go off track. I want to point out since I've posted that there still is little to no actual intention of bettering yourself, and every staff member who has responded has given a few valid points towards their opinion, but a majority of your response has been overwhelmingly about the rules way back when. I distinctly remember telling you multiple times to stop, other admins telling me that you didn't deserve as many warnings as you did, and I can promise everyone who has interacted with me in game receives multiple warnings before a mute (which I've muted har mar many times before his ban) before any kind of temporary, much less permanent, action is taken. You were told many times that it was wrong and to stop, with temporary punishments issued nearly any time an admin was online for weeks. 

Your entire case is leaning hard on whether or not it was "allowed". When admins tell you it is not allowed and you do it anyways and then call hypocracy, that's when people start to take issue. As a staff member, I want what is ultimately best for the entire community. If I have to decide between letting a player with a known history of disrespect and extreme levels of toxicity play again because they think that it's been long enough and believe they should receive another opportunity to enjoy the server and risk a repeat situation where the rules can get constantly stepped around on "technicalities" or potentially preventing further damage to be caused using a bearucratic process with evidence and reason, in my personal opinion it's an easy decision to make.

image.png.20577984fe1b5878fb298320ca344477.png

I remember this well. I told you to stop because you weren't making the game enjoyable for anyone else but yourself. 

image.png.c2dbae6fa08eeadafccbb5afa747f8d0.pngimage.png.9f283f874de142d80b17225d42d69fc5.png

image.png.59dc840fe6969ba15038a2ca38357710.pngimage.png.4e254d94428baa3a6e63aba4eba90b79.png

As you can see, you were warned, kicked, told to relax and stop harassing, muted, temp banned, and then banned. You cannot say you didn't know better or that it was unreasonable because of the rules at the time. You were well aware way in advance that it was ridiculous and inappropriate. You were one of the only people we've had multiple people report for harassment. You got so many chances, and that's what I think is being missed here.

I'm not interested in reading that there were no rules at the time again, I want a valid reason why you think you should come back. 

Edited by Rolchax
Blocked IPs

1 hour ago, Rolchax said:

This appeal has started to go off track. I want to point out since I've posted that there still is little to no actual intention of bettering yourself, and every staff member who has responded has given a few valid points towards their opinion, but a majority of your response has been overwhelmingly about the rules way back when. I distinctly remember telling you multiple times to stop, other admins telling me that you didn't deserve as many warnings as you did, and I can promise everyone who has interacted with me in game receives multiple warnings before a mute (which I've muted har mar many times before his ban) before any kind of temporary, much less permanent, action is taken. You were told many times that it was wrong and to stop, with temporary punishments issued nearly any time an admin was online for weeks. 

Your entire case is leaning hard on whether or not it was "allowed". When admins tell you it is not allowed and you do it anyways and then call hypocracy, that's when people start to take issue. As a staff member, I want what is ultimately best for the entire community. If I have to decide between letting a player with a known history of disrespect and extreme levels of toxicity play again because they think that it's been long enough and believe they should receive another opportunity to enjoy the server and risk a repeat situation where the rules can get constantly stepped around on "technicalities" or potentially preventing further damage to be caused using a bearucratic process with evidence and reason, in my personal opinion it's an easy decision to make.

image.png.20577984fe1b5878fb298320ca344477.png

I remember this well. I told you to stop because you weren't making the game enjoyable for anyone else but yourself. 

image.png.c2dbae6fa08eeadafccbb5afa747f8d0.pngimage.png.9f283f874de142d80b17225d42d69fc5.png

image.png.59dc840fe6969ba15038a2ca38357710.pngimage.png.4e254d94428baa3a6e63aba4eba90b79.png

As you can see, you were warned, kicked, told to relax and stop harassing, muted, temp banned, and then banned. You cannot say you didn't know better or that it was unreasonable because of the rules at the time. You were well aware way in advance that it was ridiculous and inappropriate. You were one of the only people we've had multiple people report for harassment. You got so many chances, and that's what I think is being missed here.

I'm not interested in reading that there were no rules at the time again, I want a valid reason why you think you should come back. 

I honestly didn't even remember most of that. You're right that I did receive warnings, and to be completely honest I didn't care because I thought I would get away with it because of the whole no rule thing. The entire time I brought up no rules i was just trying to explain my thought process at the time, and am not trying to use it as an excuse, if you believe me at all. Honestly I'd just like to come back and play on the server because when i played in 2014 - 2015 I had a lot of fun and It was very enjoyable. However, when the staff decided to reopen it back and unban everyone, including well known cheaters and not make any rules I just couldn't take it seriously. Now that it seems you guys have everything in order for the most part, and the fact that there seems to be a solid player base it makes me want to give it a try again like I did before. If I didn't wish to respect the community and the rules then I could've gotten on a VPN on a different computer and played that way, however I'm trying my best to show that I am willing to abide by the rules and be as respectful as possible. I believe the worst case scenario from your perspective would be for me to go on and be rude to someone else again, and all you would have to do is ban me. I'm not a cheater, so it's not like you would have to reimburse any players for lost items. I don't know how else to prove that I won't be an issue to the server without actually being on it. 

12 minutes ago, Har Mar Superstar said:

I honestly didn't even remember most of that. You're right that I did receive warnings, and to be completely honest I didn't care because I thought I would get away with it because of the whole no rule thing. The entire time I brought up no rules i was just trying to explain my thought process at the time, and am not trying to use it as an excuse, if you believe me at all. Honestly I'd just like to come back and play on the server because when i played in 2014 - 2015 I had a lot of fun and It was very enjoyable. However, when the staff decided to reopen it back and unban everyone, including well known cheaters and not make any rules I just couldn't take it seriously. Now that it seems you guys have everything in order for the most part, and the fact that there seems to be a solid player base it makes me want to give it a try again like I did before. If I didn't wish to respect the community and the rules then I could've gotten on a VPN on a different computer and played that way, however I'm trying my best to show that I am willing to abide by the rules and be as respectful as possible. I believe the worst case scenario from your perspective would be for me to go on and be rude to someone else again, and all you would have to do is ban me. I'm not a cheater, so it's not like you would have to reimburse any players for lost items. I don't know how else to prove that I won't be an issue to the server without actually being on it. 

I would also like to add that I do believe I have changed in the time that I've been banned. I do think that me trying to appeal instead of evading and being rude shows some kind of proof, however like I said before I have no real way to actually prove it unless i'm on the server.

My view on this has changed after a nights sleep. I'm somewhat ok with Har being unbanned now, assuming he's under heavy supervision on a tight leash. You also make a valid point, you could've just used an ALT to play but instead you've used the correct method of *possibly* being able to play again.

I also apologise for some of the things I've said towards you on here, whilst I stand by how I act, I shouldn't have been acting like so on a ban appeal. (Just to be clear these are my own thoughts, I wasn't spoken to by any higher ups)

Edited by George
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1

Okay a thing I’d like to point out at least

with these random retards making accounts just to talk about shit acting like if we care 

Har has been pretty calm towards backlash in the appeal 

...also strange how theres people making accounts to voice their two cents for har even though I’ve never seen them once before and I doubt they played back during his time 

edit: p.s I still stand by on giving har one last chance with a tight leash 

Edited by Medinator

51 minutes ago, Medinator said:

with these random retards making accounts just to talk about shit acting like if we care 

...also strange how theres people making accounts to voice their two cents for har even though I’ve never seen them once before and I doubt they played back during his time 

I know Soma, as we use to play on the server together. However I don't know who lonelyman is

Just for clarity, the list of bans were not really lifted, more kinda lost after the server was hit by ransomware. Rules were also more or less based around the admin's discretion (determining harassment and alerting/warning players of it) because the population was usually more manageable. The reason that system didn't last long in my opinion is due to the number of issues that it allowed to take place. Either way, players have a better outline to reference when playing.

I do want to thank you for keeping the thread professional(ish), and honest statements go a long way with me. I will rescend my -1 and remain neutral for now.

• Agree 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, Medinator said:

This is exactly the type of unprofessional-ism that George exhibited. Even though George showed true integrity by apologizing, everyone else however, including you, did not react to the way George acted. You are a problem. I don't care about Har Mar's actions personally and I don't care whether he stays, but when I see something off, I respond to it. You want to do mudslinging in the ban appeals section. Fine. This just shows off how everyone else perceives CSi outside of their community. Your ineptitude is definitely on full display in this appeal having to resort to insults and telling people to just leave. This is like Icefuse and Superior Servers type shit.

• Dumb 1

5 hours ago, aLonelyMan1233 said:

This is exactly the type of unprofessional-ism that George exhibited. Even though George showed true integrity by apologizing, everyone else however, including you, did not react to the way George acted. You are a problem. I don't care about Har Mar's actions personally and I don't care whether he stays, but when I see something off, I respond to it. You want to do mudslinging in the ban appeals section. Fine. This just shows off how everyone else perceives CSi outside of their community. Your ineptitude is definitely on full display in this appeal having to resort to insults and telling people to just leave. This is like Icefuse and Superior Servers type shit.

Okay, this is way off topic and irrelevant at this point, i never told har to leave in fact i supported his unban but you came into the forums waving your dick around trying to a prove a point that never even existed, yes im gonna call you a retard for turning this whole thread into some huge side topic and from how youre treating me id like to let you know im not even staff.

But oh well, sorry if you got offended or something

i would say more but i really dont care enough to dissect everything down lets just move on from this 

Now lets keep this thread on topic ye?

Edited by Medinator
  • Winner 1