Unban Request - RennieS

RennieS

Steam Username: RennieS

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23097789

Link to ban request (if there is one): N/A

Which server are you banned from?: CSI DayZ

How long have you been playing on our server(s): 2-3 years give or take

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: Before this, never.

If you have been banned, how many times?: Once

Why do you think you were banned?: For ESP

Why should we lift your ban?: I'm going to be honest from the get go, at the time of the ban I had citizen hack. My mate had sent me a link to Citizenhack, being bored in quarantine i thought I would give it a go for the shits and gigs. Today at about 12:00 roughly, I left and rejoined to toggle the hacks. Once I had rejoined, I got a few kills with it (3-6 roughly), but something had came up so I had to go afk for quite some time. I thought i'd stay on the server when afk to help with server numbers, as it was fairly dead at the time. When i returned I was met with a ban, rightly.

I have been a player for 2-3 years of CSI and have thoroughly enjoyed the server, both for the game play and the community. There is something so empowering and addicting about stabbing people with a machete, and hearing them plead for their lives. I was HOOKED.  I still am. I have made a lot of new friends from the server since rejoining and it really shows what a great community you have here.

In all seriousness, It was a silly decision and I regret trying to hack on the server and I would love to be able to come back. I have uninstalled the hacks and will not be touching them again. I realise the severity of my actions I am ashamed and embarrassed. My name is now stained and that can never be undone. As a caught hacker, even if it was just for a few hours I realise I have no right to being unbanned and I don't expect your forgiveness. 

Since I started playing again from the 29th of April, I have recorded 90% of my game play which I am happy to share if it will help my case. I realise nobody wants to sit through hours of my gameplay, but the option is there.

I want to give a big shout out to Phoon, within a FEW HOURS he had already got evidence and banned me accordingly. I had a handful of kills with it on, maybe 3-5. For that I applaud you for keeping the community clean. Server needs more admins like you.

Edited by RennieS
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Medinator said:

Gonna wait till staff side shows evidence 

From what ive heard so far, you forgot to toggle off lmao 

Yes that is correct, I didn’t figure out how to “toggle” it besides restarting gmod 🥴.

Phoon has a screenshot of me afk in spawn with which I can put here

5F563E3A-C1D5-4233-88C3-7560081BBE9D.jpeg

Edited by RennieS

As the banning admin I have some concerns. You have been playing since 2017 you know that cheating is a serious offense. Personally I don't believe this was a one time thing considering you have actually configured citizens hacks ESP to your liking. You also seemed pretty convinced that you indeed were not cheating which makes me question the integrity of your entire appeal. You said things such as "I am baffled that there is hacks on the screen grab though, I don't understand why that's shown on my screen" and "I see the screen grab, and yes it looks like hacks".  You also took deleting direct messages between us which I just happened to have screenshotted before you decided to delete them. I will post our full conversation below. 

image3.png

image1.png

image2.png

image0.png

• Winner 1

Yes, when we had our conversation, the ban was fresh and I was in my emotions. Yes ,I lied to you and for that I apologize. After calming down I decided to come clean.

Your right, I have been playing since 2017, long enough to know better. My friend had shared his esp settings with me so I copied them, which it is why it is configured.

Like I mentioned, 90% of my gameplay is recorded, so times where I’ve earned bounties, for example I got 38 kills the other day etc, it’s all there recorded for you to see.

Id ask if you have any further evidence of me hacking any other time besides a screenshot, but I know for a fact you don’t have it. I’ve never hacked at any other time. I know how it looks, “I’ve hacked for a day” sounds like bullshit, but it’s the truth.

• Dumb 1

Although im sure my opinion won't matter much since i am a friend of the accused, i would just like to say that this really was a one off situation. I have played with Rennie for years throughout multiple Gmod servers and have never once seen him hacking, hence why i was so surprised when i found out he had ESP.

After having the situation explained to me that he just forgot to toggle it off whilst afk in spawn, i was honestly shocked since i had no previous knowledge of the ESP.

However, i have played with rennie the last couple days before he got banned and it has been very clear that the citizen hack has not been activated or used for the majority of the PVP that Rennie partakes in. As stated by himself, rennie only recieved a handful of kills with this hack and i feel as if the quick reaction of Phoon, gathering the evidence and banning him accordingly has dissuaded Rennie from ever attempting to use any cheats on CSI servers ever again.

I am going to give my friend a +1 on his ban appeal and hope to see a reformed Rennie once again on CSI servers! :)

Much love, Captain

• Love 1
  • Disagree 2

I've always opposed the appeals of players who have played long enough to have a serious understanding of what we do and how fast we catch people. Three years is long enough to have seen hundreds of bans, many of which are from citizen. You have a lot going against you, and unbanning you this quickly after would be a disservice to the community and those who know you cheated. I take serious issue with people that try and lie their way out of it too, and deleting a conversation in hopes it doesnt get recorded spells trouble. Emotions are not a valid response for getting caught, and I believe that some time away from the server will teach you well. -1

• Agree 2

+1: I was playing with this guy the other day and he seemed to be a really nice and fair dude, it didn't seem like he was using cheats at the time, i would like to see him unbanned. I believe everyone deserves a second chance, but its up to the staff....

• Dumb 2

17 hours ago, jake1426 said:

mmmm played with you a bit you seem honest.. +1 don't make me regret what I say.

He hacked, very honest!

38 minutes ago, VAULT 萧条 said:

+1: I was playing with this guy the other day and he seemed to be a really nice and fair dude, it didn't seem like he was using cheats at the time, i would like to see him unbanned. I believe everyone deserves a second chance, but its up to the staff....

That's great that he was nice, he should definitely be unbanned, seeming as you definitely saw his screen and so can assume he hasn't used cheats previously. He isn't fair, he hacked, only admitted to it when was caught out, and even then he took a bit of time after having his tantrum at phoon..

-1, basically what Rol said

48 minutes ago, George said:

He hacked, very honest!

That's great that he was nice, he should definitely be unbanned, seeming as you definitely saw his screen and so can assume he hasn't used cheats previously. He isn't fair, he hacked, only admitted to it when was caught out, and even then he took a bit of time after having his tantrum at phoon..

-1, basically what Rol said

Where’s the ointment

My input probably shouldn't matter but I'll put my thoughts into this.

So first, this is obviously premeditated meaning he was aware of the consequences of his actions and continued to follow through with the act of cheating.

Second, he doubled down when he decided to play innocent, ask for proof and then try to convince phoon that he had no idea why he was banned. Right off the bat, this is not honor, this is deceit. He also tried to delete conversations as stated above. This is not behavior that should be tolerated, or even forgiven in any community. It's people who think they are above the rules that are the ones that ruin good things for others without any true remorse for their actions. If you truly cared, you wouldn't have cheated in the first place. Your ban is damn well deserved.

Third, as he and others have stated.. he has played long enough to know better than to cheat. He rolled the dice and came up snake eyes. He is responsible for his own actions and those actions have consequences. 

I think the ban should remain. 

Edited by Poxonjr
  • Winner 1

It is very disheartening to see a familiar name get caught doing something like this. Where is the enjoyment in it? You should have been well aware of our lack of tolerance for such things by now, having spent several hours playing on the server.

Although this ban appeal seems sincere on the surface, your true intentions were revealed the moment you denied it talking with Phoon.

As it would be unfair to other players to even consider this in the first place, I'm going to deny this appeal. You may re-attempt at a later date if you so desire.

• Agree 5