Interstellar Application

Interstellar

Steam Name: CSi. Interstellar

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:102427770STEAM_0:0:102427770

How long have you been playing on our server(s): 4 Years

Which server do you play the most: Chernarus

How often are you available?: Weekdays and some weekends

Have you ever been banned? If so, tell us why: Yes, one time I was forum banned for blackmailing

What is your experience as an Administrator?: I was a moderator on a small Gmod murder server that had a limit of 10 players so I have some experience with moderating.

What are you able to bring to the Administration Team?: I am able to bring a level head and an understanding of what it means to be in a leadership position. I feel that having a different set of skills will help our moderator team grow greatly.

Reputable names that recommended you as an Administrator:

Scenarios

What would be the best way to handle this situation?
You see a fairly new player go around and begin telling players that RDM is punishable in the server and will lead the player to receive a permanent ban.
Answer: I would PM them telling them to politely stop, then make an announcement in global chat explaining that it is a PvP server and it should be expected and it is not a bannable offense.

You witness a fellow admin abusing his/her powers by noclipping for loot multiple times.
Not only does he/her noclip for loot, but kills people while being noclipped as well.
Answer: I would record evidence and show it to a council member, I would also suggest they stop in a polite way in an attempt to deter them from doing such actions.

A player begins stating that he’s going to grab another player’s IP address after being killed in-game. That’s all the information that is provided.
Answer: I would investigate the altercation that led up to the argument and then tell the threatening player that he should stop or action will be taken (Small ban), as IP grabbing is not tolerated on the server.

You see a CSi. member harassing players and being an overall toxic player to other players within the DayZ server and Discord
Answer: I would PM them or talk to them in the discord and explain that as a member of CSi that they should be a role model for new players and a good representation of our community. If he/she does not shape up or stop the actions, I would take away their membership.

5 hours ago, Azure said:

Reputable member, but i'd like to stay neutral until I see your activity increase

I agree with the big man. Never had a problem with ya. But I see you on the server one week like everyday, but then I won't see you on for another 2 weeks or so. Just my perspective. 

As far as I can tell Interstellar has been active on both discord and the server. I can honestly see him as apart of the future staff team, I've had no real big issues with him and he seems fairly mature for the position. +1 from me! Good Luck

~Kalder

• 3 months later...

I'm not entirely sure if you've lost interest in the position, however I don't see you online as often as I'd like. That doesn't make you bad player, but it can become an issue as an administrator. For now I am neutral. Get back to me on your activity.

Has gumption, have seen him on a decent amount and is usually playing with fellow members or new players. Only quip I have is that Interstellar's experience is lackluster. I typically like to see more administration experience in my colleagues. That being said, we haven't shied away from recruiting greenhorns in the past. Wish you well.

• Optimistic 1

• 1 year later...
  • phoon locked this topic