Unban

Tyler

When appealing your ban, please use the following template and fill out the fields in a way that will give us the most information to discuss your appeal.

Steam Username: Tyler

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61672001

Link to ban request (if there is one): 

Which server are you banned from?: DarkRP

How long have you been playing on our server(s): Since it released

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: Nope

If you have been banned, how many times?: 

Why do you think you were banned?: Exploiting a chat bug

Why should we lift your ban?: I feel it was unjust as I was just joking around, it won't happen again. I've also been banned for harmless jokes using the chat bug meanwhile someone else was pretending to be Dan working on a slavery script and saying other racist things including using the n-world and I've told Dan about this but to my knowledge at this point the guy has not been banned.

5 hours ago, Josh said:

So you werent prentending to be Dan

In no way did I intend to impersonate staff, I was making jokes like "a wipe is happening" or whatever, I don't remember exactly what I said. I didn't intend to confuse or worry anyone. I never specifically said I was Dan or anything, as I wasn't trying to be Dan, I was just making jokes. I guess I took it too far.

+1 Everyone knew it was tyler and even if they didnt they were told right away in chat by me, george and others. Imo tyler kinda acted like a fool in discord but I see it as a heat of the moment type of situation where he was upset so he started rude about it, Imo I think tyler ban should be reduced to the same as its ya boi troys and he should have a warning about his actions on the discord. This type of behavior is completely besides tyler and I know if he gets unbanned he wont do it again

• Optimistic 1

I mean you would think it would be pretty obvious not to do something like that to begin with... but as long as you don't do it again. Some people may have known you were joking, but when brand new players come that can make the server look kinda unprofessional. Especially if they think it's an Admin talking. But yeah as long as you don't make the same mistake twice. +1

• Love 2

Alright looking back at our chat in discord and here it's clear you don't think you were impersonating staff. I don't care if you weren't trying to be me or Xavier or anyone else. Console is used by administrators as of now to directly communicate to the server. If you are using an exploit which makes your text appear as if you are console, then yes you are impersonating an administrator whether you like it or not. Although you may have only done it once, the fact that you were using it even though you know it was a bug and other players were using it ( and have been banned ) it creates confusion and incredibility from anything that comes from Console. It's embarrassing on our part, for this should have been fixed yes, however just because it isn't doesn't mean you use it to make any form of joke. 

You continued in discord to bring up other players that did it to make it so it seems that you were being singled out. I can promise you that you weren't and you can check https://bans.csiservers.com if you think otherwise. I don't appreciate at all how you handled the situation. I was being very forgiving by only giving everyone a 4 day ban. I was more willing than to reduce your ban if you were to just make an appeal like I originally stated in the beginning of our conversation in discord. Even today I still feel like it was a mistake for only giving such a short ban. I can promise you next time if anything, any bug is abused, the culprit will surely receive a permanent ban. It's simply unacceptable.

Edit:

Also going on to say I support slavery surely isn't going to get you unbanned.

image.png.3827bf3305b03c846ee42e08e9428ff8.png

image.png.c1d36325d60777dede218f65987a9662.png

image.png.11b8383591f57ebe5ff2a699635715c1.png

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Alright looking back at our chat in discord and here it's clear you don't think you were impersonating staff. I don't care if you weren't trying to be me or Xavier or anyone else. Console is used by administrators as of now to directly communicate to the server. If you are using an exploit which makes your text appear as if you are console, then yes you are impersonating an administrator whether you like it or not. Although you may have only done it once, the fact that you were using it even though you know it was a bug and other players were using it ( and have been banned ) it creates confusion and incredibility from anything that comes from Console. It's embarrassing on our part, for this should have been fixed yes, however just because it isn't doesn't mean you use it to make any form of joke. 

You continued in discord to bring up other players that did it to make it so it seems that you were being singled out. I can promise you that you weren't and you can check https://bans.csiservers.com if you think otherwise. I don't appreciate at all how you handled the situation. I was being very forgiving by only giving everyone a 4 day ban. I was more willing than to reduce your ban if you were to just make an appeal like I originally stated in the beginning of our conversation in discord. Even today I still feel like it was a mistake for only giving such a short ban. I can promise you next time if anything, any bug is abused, the culprit will surely receive a permanent ban. It's simply unacceptable.

Edit:

Also going on to say I support slavery surely isn't going to get you unbanned.

image.png.3827bf3305b03c846ee42e08e9428ff8.png

image.png.c1d36325d60777dede218f65987a9662.png

image.png.11b8383591f57ebe5ff2a699635715c1.png

I'm aware I was wrong and I apologize. I attempted to tell you about the racist person numerous times in Discord as can be shown in that channel we talked in, and I don't recall you saying you would look into it or do anything about it until its ya boi troy brought it up. I shouldn't have called you racist, I apologize, but when you don't acknowledge that I was reporting that to you and ban me for making harmless, non-racist jokes, it just doesn't look good from my point of view. He wasn't banned until after I was, and I noticed after this appeal was made that he was banned for it, I just couldn't edit the appeal.I may have went overboard on Discord and I apologize, but I was trying to discuss my ban and question why I at first was the only one banned when there was someone pretending to be you making slavery scripts for the server and a handful of other players using that glitch as well. I may have went about it the wrong way.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I attempted to tell you about the racist person numerous times in Discord as can be shown in that channel we talked in, and I don't recall you saying you would look into it or do anything about it until its ya boi troy brought it up.

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

but when you don't acknowledge that I was reporting that to you and ban me for making harmless, non-racist jokes, it just doesn't look good from my point of view.

Hopefully it "looks better" since you're banned and the rest of people who abused the exploit.

24 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm not going to deny or accept your appeal. Other staff members are welcome to make this decision.

I mean if you don't want to deal with it I understand. I can just go play another server or game, it's not a big deal to me.

• Dumb 5

4 hours ago, Tyler said:

I mean if you don't want to deal with it I understand. I can just go play another server or game, it's not a big deal to me.

Then I don't think there's any point in leaving this thread open for further discussion. Impersonating staff members or abusing a glitch in-game to access features only available to staff members is simply not acceptable in any capacity.

Appeal denied.

• Agree 1

• Varme locked this topic