Dayz unban request

ms.stohs

Steam Username: ms. stohs

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53076171

Link to ban request (if there is one): 

Which server are you banned from?: GMODZ

How long have you been playing on our server(s): I just started this week.

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: Not recently at all. I was vac banned in TF2 about 5-6 years ago but I was literally 12 years old so oop.

If you have been banned, how many times?: 

Why do you think you were banned?: Admin said I was wallhacking. 

Why should we lift your ban?: Im not walling. Footsteps on the server are very loud that's why I always begin crouching when I hear someone nearby. It gets very easy to tell when someone trying to hide because you can hear roughly where their footsteps stop and they should be crouching in that general area. If anyone tried to talk to me before permabanning me I couldve explained myself.

Edited by phoon

7 minutes ago, ms.stohs said:

Footsteps on the server are very loud

I don't know what kind of epic gamer headset you're using but I'm pretty sure you can't hear footsteps across an entire field.

Around 36 seconds you clearly latch onto a player's upper body with your crosshair and hold the lock until you're around the corner, but by then he was already shot by another person down the street. I'm also not sure what you would've seen at 22 seconds that would warrant you to start shooting at the same player in the field who is obscured by both the fog and the black bar in the window texture which is at eye level. I went to roughly the same spot you were at in the video and took a screenshot for reference:

lqiEc3L.jpg

I didnt hear that players footsteps I knew that someone was out in the field because I heard his gunshots from killing someone else vv recently, about in the same minute or so. Thats why I was scouting the field I was camping the backpack to see if he would start looting. And the reason I began shooting is because his outline started becoming visible in the fog. Idk if this was an engine bug but he was right on the edge of the fog for me and I definitely saw the outline of a player. The aimlock is hard for me to tell really. When peeking corners I always keep my aim locked right on the corner as its easier for me to aim and it's just crosshair placement I've learned from playing CS. When I was playing I did not know that he died until I moved up towards the field and hid in the bushes and shot the guy who killed him as he looted.

See, my biggest concern is that you traced him while staring at the black line in the window and shot directly on his person with no real great reason to shoot since no one was on the bag. Good crosshair placement and attention to detail is viable for the other parts of the clip imo though. Through experience, you just don't spray things like that without good reason or it's a waste of ammo. Literally go and watch yourself in slow-mo at 0:21-0:26 and tell me that this is a legit shot. -1 from me.

I play on medium graphics and when I load the map up on single player the black lines in the window become see through and transparent. I dont really remember at that exact moment in time what I saw but right now when I load up the game on medium settings, the lines in the window are able to be seen right through. And also when I spawn an npc in roughly the same area as the player I can still see their outline plain as day and thats what I saw in the clip and was shooting at.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

It's a -1 one from me. I'm assuming someone reported you earlier than this clip which made Varme spectate and record. The odds of having back to back unbelievable plays like this just doesn't seem right. 

Well im trying to disprove this one to be unbelievable right now. And around the point this clip happened I was on a killstreak I was bound to get spectated once you start racking up a bunch of kills.

Recreated the angle again in a sandbox environment on medium graphics, the black bars do become more transparent surprisingly but I'm still not convinced as to how you saw anything in the first place

Alyx model placed for reference to the approximate location of the player in the field

yqsUtxO.jpg

Angle from the same spot in the pool, Alyx is completely covered by the fog and probably 2 or 3 layers of brush

se6dcms.jpg

Same angle using the scope of the HL2 crossbow which is comparable to the 8x scope on a Raging Bull but again I still cannot see the model I placed

pk5aZlh.jpg

Same angle, standing up without the bar obscuring vision

mouCb8j.jpg

I went back and placed around 10 more Alyx NPCs in different spots in the same area and I can still not see any of them through the black bar, but 3 of them would be at least faintly visible if I stood up and zoomed in.

2zrblws.jpg

CcwFg67.jpg

The only other explanation I can think of for you seeing him is that your bushes didn't render so his model was contrasting clearly with the fog at that distance, but that doesn't explain why you sprayed the bushes after seeming to know where he was for the first couple of shots. As for aiming around the corner, I understand that a skilled FPS player would keep their crosshair along the edge of the corner after seeing someone run by, but what you did was move your crosshair past the corner, stick it to the player's model until you rounded the corner, and then attempted to shoot him.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1804368143

^^ Here's my screenshots. I cant tell what is happening with my textures, it's hard to get the circumstances perfect. But I made the same thing and I see the outlines extremely clearly on my side. This is basically exactly what I saw when I first started shooting. 

And the crosshair placement thing, idrk what else to say, thats just how I play the video game. My aim isnt completely perfect so I mightve been stuck to aiming at the inside of the wall when I shouldve been pushing my crosshair to the outside a little bit more. 

12 hours ago, Xavier said:

I can confirm without a doubt that your textures did not look like that at the time the ban occurred. This screenshot was taken moments before you were banned

I know this. I meant the outlines and the sprites of the bushes are the same, and those are really the only ones that matter here. In my earlier screenshot, everything minus the missing ground textures is basically what I saw. I said earlier that my textures work fine on the server but on sp theyre missing. If we can get back on and recreate the scenario I'm sure I can show you what I was seeing on my screen.

+1 Idk who this person is nor was I ever online or noticed him. But since there is a debate, it proves that there is not 100% proof about him cheating. So I say unban him and if there is any more proof then he can get banned agane. I don't see a point in banning him with this proof because of the textures issue.