Unban Appeal

Asterik

When appealing your ban, please use the following template and fill out the fields in a way that will give us the most information to discuss your appeal.

Steam Username: Asterik

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:98910591

Link to ban request (if there is one): N/A

Which server are you banned from?: Csi. DayZ

How long have you been playing on our server(s): for a veryyyy long timmeeee, Likeee reallly long.

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: uhhh I think once for putting CSi. in my name a long time ago. 

If you have been banned, how many times?: once but not sure if it was like a real ban

Why do you think you were banned?: He says cheating....

Why should we lift your ban?: Wasn't cheating.

Hey, you were originally banned for anti-recoil and anti-screengrab. Those being the 2 easiest things to prove as they are both pretty easy to see. Here is a youtube video of some evidence. It has been edited for convenience since at the end of the day it doesn't really matter since you were using some variation of a anti-screen grab. I'll give a little breakdown with some time stamps. All of your fights in the ~15 minutes I was spectating you have been included.

Clips to point out: recommend slowing them down to 0.25x
0:12- can be slowed down you have 0 recoil with a RB even after firing several shots in a row

1:13- no recoil on RB once again

2:33- you are literally spam clicking the RB 3 shots in succession with 0 recoil your crosshair makes no movements vertically 

Evidence of alt account: 

image.png.2b772bc29fbb5c164054fbdc3607a229.png
Evidence of anti-screengrab:

Here are three different screengrabs taken during your session on the day you were bannedimage.thumb.jpeg.facf6f4a906379699b42557842ccfe9d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.99375f65fc577f1522339c7a7583e1c4.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.8a5885011ea6088d89db67cfdc7d64b9.jpegAnd here is a screengrab on the same account on a earlier dateimage.thumb.jpeg.aa95dbcbc651fbbde24affc8a4a32f87.jpeg

During this session your capturable screen size decreased hiding all of the borders of your screen and your HUD. Only on the day you were banned of cheating this occurred. With that being said I'll leave this appeal open for replies since it's a pretty hot topic on your ban. Like to hear some input from others but from the evidence I've gathered I still remain convinced. 

image.jpeg

Edited by phoon

After seeing the evidence for my ban I think it’s fair and rightful to give me this ban. The account I was playing on is an account I use pretty much completely for cheating. Earlier that day I was cheating on several DarkRP servers. I primarily use the cheat for taking advantage of exploits, messing with players, and stealing client side files and shared files from servers to find exploits. The cheat I was using is called exechack. When I was on the server I noticed I was having a problem with ADSing and I even commented about it in voice chat with Monkey and Groovus. I thought maybe the ADS thing had something to do with my client side FAS conflicting with something maybe on the server so I didn’t really think or care for it and continued to play but after looking at the evidence of the demo I think it's fair to say I was probably using no recoil and wasn’t aware of it and that also explains the anti-screengrab as well. Although I know most of you wont believe me I really wasn’t aware my cheats were still injected and it would have never been my intent to cheat on the server. I have spent countless days and months on the server and spent a decent amount of money on the server. 

This is a clip of no recoil on where it you can see it still looks like I have recoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STR4l8jlpkA&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=zerg

I take 100% responsibility for this and I completely understand if this application gets denied, I thank you all for all the good memories and moments over the past 7 years.

• Winner 1

On 11/24/2022 at 11:34 PM, Asterik said:

After seeing the evidence for my ban I think it’s fair and rightful to give me this ban. The account I was playing on is an account I use pretty much completely for cheating. Earlier that day I was cheating on several DarkRP servers. I primarily use the cheat for taking advantage of exploits, messing with players, and stealing client side files and shared files from servers to find exploits. The cheat I was using is called exechack. When I was on the server I noticed I was having a problem with ADSing and I even commented about it in voice chat with Monkey and Groovus. I thought maybe the ADS thing had something to do with my client side FAS conflicting with something maybe on the server so I didn’t really think or care for it and continued to play but after looking at the evidence of the demo I think it's fair to say I was probably using no recoil and wasn’t aware of it and that also explains the anti-screengrab as well. Although I know most of you wont believe me I really wasn’t aware my cheats were still injected and it would have never been my intent to cheat on the server. I have spent countless days and months on the server and spent a decent amount of money on the server. 

This is a clip of no recoil on where it you can see it still looks like I have recoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STR4l8jlpkA&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=zerg

I take 100% responsibility for this and I completely understand if this application gets denied, I thank you all for all the good memories and moments over the past 7 years.

As you can imagine your honesty is appreciated. I can't say when your appeal will receive a verdict as we have plenty to think about. If there's any updates you'll be informed here and we'll attempt to give you a response in reasonable time though we don't have anywhere near as much free time as we did 2 years ago.

• Agree 1

Just out of curiosity. You said that your cheat was left injected without you knowing since you were on another server cheating and had forgotten it was on. There really isn't much interest in cheating on a DarkRP server without the use of ESP yet you had no recoil and anti-screengrab on? Why even risk being caught with anti-screengrab if you weren't using ESP? Then remains the question to whether or not it was intentional cheating and the possibility that you had ESP enabled while playing which would debunk the claim of it being an accident. The logic collides. Why legit cheat to the point you are only using anti-recoil and anti-screengrab? At that point it is giving you a pretty insignificant advantage for a game mode designed around base building and knowledge of the location of entities (which esp would help with a lot). That or you had ESP enabled and it wasn't an accident. Just looking for some clarification or a better explanation. 

no I never had ESP on like I said above I primarily use it for finding exploits. I usually run something called a net logger and find abusable net messages. For example I can find like uhh when I take money out of a printer its giving me 2 values and I can edit the values and give myself even more money than I'm suppose to be getting. As for the anti screengrab that's not something you enable on the cheat tbh I actually didn't even know they had an anti screengrab until you showed me the pictures above.

Honestly I'm 50/50 on this. Initially you weren't entirely dishonest if you're truthful that you didn't know you were cheating, but you were cocky, which considering the fact that you literally use that account for cheating never-less used it for such earlier in the day blows my mind.

With that said you've been here for so long without infringement and that we have given second chances to many before you that it only seems right to do so, therefore you have my support.

+1

This is definitely one of those fringe cases that takes longer because it rides the line between being fair and passing judgement for cheating, and making an exception because of honesty, knowledge, and prior history. If anything, while I agree that you should probably be granted a second shot, you should ideally receive some kind of punishment aside from a little while away from the game.

This being said, I would vote for an accepted appeal on the terms of:

• A revokation of membership should you be a current member (or higher [i.e. veteran])
    • A ban on membership application for a minimum of 6 months
  • Confiscation of any ill-obtained loot
    • to be donated or destroyed

Time away will do no one any good, especially with the server rebooting, and I sincerely don't believe you'd mess up again given the chance. I only choose to repeal status as a means to avoid associating CSi with favoritism and being viewed as outside the rules. Hopefully the other admins will agree and see it similarly. 

• Winner 1

I'll be accepting this appeal. Your ban will be reduced to a week. Following your unban your main account's membership status will be revoked. You will be eligible to reapply for member in  6 months. As I am sure you are aware there is second chances given but never thirds. Hoping to leave this in the past and move forward. Best of luck.

• phoon locked this topic