Josh's Administrator App

Josh

Steam Name: CSi. Josh

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:115818600

How long have you been playing on our server(s): 5 Years

Which server do you play the most: dz_chernarus dayz

How often are you available?: everyday

Have you ever been banned? If so, tell us why: no

What is your experience as an Administrator?: I have been an admin for a minecraft server (even though its irrelevant). I understand how to be an admin and the quality of it.

What are you able to bring to the Administration Team?: A very active player ( I find most staff members to not be active on the server as much as they should) enjoyment and support to those around me, and many different qualities to the team and the server, using my skills and experience of being an old player. 

Reputable names that recommended you as an Administrator: CSi. Riguy2k3, Thunder ,Waffles, Demise, & others.

~ ~ ~ ~ Scenarios ~ ~ ~ ~
What would be the best way to handle this situation?
You see a fairly new player go around and begin telling players that RDM is punishable in the server and will lead the player to receive a permanent ban.

Answer: I would tell the perpetrator that the Can't Stand Idiots Gmod DayZ server is mainly a PVP experience and that most players are known to KOS. RDM is not punishable on the server. If the player continues to spam his accusations about RDM then I will politely give him a warning stating that if he does not stop, he will be muted. If the player still continues to spam then it will follow in a kick. If continued further on, and lesson has not been learned I would notify the player that he will be banned for spamming and making false accusations after being told not to do so. 

You witness a fellow admin abusing his/her powers by noclipping for loot multiple times.
Not only does he/her noclip for loot, but kills people while being noclipped as well.

Answer: I would inform the fellow administrator that when he/she was given admin privileges, that he/she should have well known better than to abuse their powers. I would've taken a screenshot or video recording as evidence that the administrator has abused his/her powers. I would then report the administrator to the server owner.

A player begins stating that he's going to grab another player's IP address after being killed in-game. That's all the information that is provided.

Answer: I would take a clip or screenshot of the perpetrator's message and then proceed to give the player a ban due to the fact that threats to obtain another persons IP address are in no way a joke. Obtaining a players IP address can provide you with personal information that they most definitely do not want you to know. ddosing is not a joke, it is a very serious situation.

You see a CSi. member harassing players and being an overall toxic player to other players within the DayZ server and Discord

Answer:  I would inform the fellow member that harassment to other players on the server is not a mature way to act as a member of CSi. I would politely ask the member to quit harassing players, if continued I would then mute the member, notifying them that once again, harassing other players is not a way to act as a member of CSi. If continued the fellow member would be banned for a day or two to give him time to think about his actions towards other players, and how he will act differently the next time.

• Love 1

+1 Very Very active, is on  the server everyday now and stays on for few hours. Helps new players to know the game. Has been here for a while, and friendly to all players. Think Josh would fit in great and help people that need help on the server.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

The guy is a chill dude and he has been with the community for awhile now. I personally don't see a problem with seeing him become an admin. Whether he becomes one sooner or later, I wouldn't mind. I'd like to see you more on like this and you are funny as hell. +1 Good Luck man! ❤️

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Skull Kid said:

The guy is a chill dude and he has been with the community for awhile now. I personally don't see a problem with seeing him become an admin. Whether he becomes one sooner or later, I wouldn't mind. I'd like to see you more on like this and you are funny as hell. +1 Good Luck man! ❤️

Will do! And thank you!

You have shown yourself to be helpful, active, community oriented, and level-headed in difficult situations. I've seen you grow over the years, and I've seen strides and leaps. You're interested in how administration works and that you want to be a part of something bigger. You have so many characteristics of a good admin as well as great potential. I think you'd do well.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Rolchax said:

You have shown yourself to be helpful, active, community oriented, and level-headed in difficult situations. I've seen you grow over the years, and I've seen strides and leaps. You're interested in how administration works and that you want to be a part of something bigger. You have so many characteristics of a good admin as well as great potential. I think you'd do well.

Thank you sir, very appreciated!

Josh has already shown great administration traits. Even though he doesn't wear the title he's clearly shown he is ready to take care of anyone breaking the rules. I don't know him too much personally, but hard work can go a long way. It's a +1 from me.

• Love 1

Josh is a very active member and has shown his passion for the community over the years. He's displayed positive qualities of what surrounds the administrator role. Much like Dan I do not know you that much personally but I'm sure that will change. From what I've seen you are considerate for others, resourceful and independent which helps in assessing situations. I think you have a lot to bring to the table through your inventiveness and think an opportunity should hopefully arise.

• Love 1

Josh definitely has a knack for bringing in a creative perspective to CSi. His most prominent showing was the recent video contest. He is a dedicated player who follows rules and understands the chain of command set in place. I've seen him consistently on and engaging with the community. The only major con I see is his moderating experience. While he does have some moderating experience, he will be a greenhorn to the programs and techniques we use to catch rule breakers on a day to day basis. However, we have given time to teach newer admins how to work with what we do and taught them to be as quality as one would expect of the biggest Gmod Dayz server. Good luck!

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Mr Solo Dolo said:

Josh definitely has a knack for bringing in a creative perspective to CSi. His most prominent showing was the recent video contest. He is a dedicated player who follows rules and understands the chain of command set in place. I've seen him consistently on and engaging with the community. The only major con I see is his moderating experience. While he does have some moderating experience, he will be a greenhorn to the programs and techniques we use to catch rule breakers on a day to day basis. However, we have given time to teach newer admins how to work with what we do and taught them to be as quality as one would expect of the biggest Gmod Dayz server. Good luck!

Thank you! And I dont think you guys would have to worry. I wouldnt be much of a greenhorn because I know alot about the administration tools of csi, such as screen grabs, spectating, console commands etc. I do appreactiate your feedback though! 

After discussing your application between council and getting input from admins, we've decided to go ahead an accept you application. We have a lot of high hopes for you and clearly you are very dedicated and want to contribute to CSi. With that being said, welcome to the team!

• Love 1

• George locked this topic