man man / doug unban request

man man

When appealing your ban, please use the following template and fill out the fields in a way that will give us the most information to discuss your appeal.

Steam Username: man man / doug 

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:505090707 / STEAM_0:1:52379722

Link to ban request (if there is one): 

Which server are you banned from?: csi dayz

How long have you been playing on our server(s): 4 months 

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: no

If you have been banned, how many times?: 1 

Why do you think you were banned?: bhop scripting 

Why should we lift your ban?: I'm guessing I was banned because I was on a alt hitting a lot of bhops, but I wasn't scripting. Admins have spectated me many times and know I'm legit.

From the time I've spent watching Man Man, I can say I believe his bhopping is legit, from what I've seen it isn't perfect and the only times he has launched himself a distance is when going down stairs, which is just velocity. I'm neutral on this situation until Josh posts the evidence though.

Edited by George

At the start of the video there is some semi-realistic/believable sequence of bhops but once you arrive at the stair case you show a lack of understanding when it comes to proper strafing and you tilt your screen half sideways and run into a pillar. This I believe comes from inexperience when it comes to more complicated strafing techniques and not being able to respond to your environment well. Inexperience meaning you have not practiced bhopping for many years and do not know how to properly respond to changes in terrain. This inexperience comes in to play when you decide to bhop down the stairs while standing. Although it makes perfect sense in any other game or gamemode the movement mechanics on this server make it very difficult to properly bhop whilst standing. Ontop of this on every single turn you are hitting perfect bhops on a sloped surface whilst hitting your head on the ceiling and failing to sync your strafes with your movement. There are many other small things that occur in the video that I could point out but there is no reason since at 40 seconds you completely give up on strafing and just use your mouse and w perfectly timing 4 consecutive jumps while gaining 0 speed. Now not only is this an obvious use of scripts but a player who has been experience with bhopping would know to stop bhopping and launch once again since they are gaining no speed and just wasting time and stamina. Instead you continue to bhop wasting all of your stamina for no reason and incriminating yourself at the same time. You are with out a doubt using scripts. Nothing you do makes sense from a gameplay standpoint or from a physical standpoint. -phoon

Edited by Josh

Ok so let me start off by saying that I've been bhopping in source games for about 5 years now, now when you say "you show a lack of understanding when it comes to proper strafing and you tilt your screen half sideways" and "at 40 seconds you completely give up on strafing and just use your mouse and w perfectly timing 4 consecutive jumps while gaining 0 speed" what I'm doing here is called w only strafing I'll link a video for example. I try to use w only strafing when bhopping down apartments so I can see if there is someone walking up the stairs sooner rather than looking straight doing normal strafes, I say try because its very hard to do and you can see in the video I'm messing up a lot. Now for when say you that nothing I'm doing is making sense and I just keep bhopping instead of resetting and launching again, I'm pretty sure I was just messing around/ not paying attention because no one good was on and I didn't really care to gain speed going into that room.    I will also link a couple old videos of mine where you can see I'm obviously not inexperienced in bhopping: 

I am more than aware of the multiple different techniques that can be used to bhop. When going down the stairs you either extremely poorly attempted a half side ways bhop or you just have very bad sync. I also witnessed you on your alternate account bhopping from the safe zone staircase and around the main entrance multiple times in a row without missing any jumps, not that it matters much since I didn’t bother to clip it but it definitely adds some context and something to compare to. Previous to your ban there was also a player named ni who was banned for scripts who might’ve been on at at the time you were on which raised my suspicion having someone bhop around safe zone just after he was banned. I am going to once again state that going down that staircase while standing and very poorly attempting a half side ways bhop is pretty unrealistic. Especially since the speed was maintained throughout your journey to the bottom of apartments. Never the less I would like to have more opinions on this appeal but for me I do think something is going on in the background past it being just “skill”.

4 hours ago, phoon said:

I am more than aware of the multiple different techniques that can be used to bhop. When going down the stairs you either extremely poorly attempted a half side ways bhop or you just have very bad sync. I also witnessed you on your alternate account bhopping from the safe zone staircase and around the main entrance multiple times in a row without missing any jumps, not that it matters much since I didn’t bother to clip it but it definitely adds some context and something to compare to. Previous to your ban there was also a player named ni who was banned for scripts who might’ve been on at at the time you were on which raised my suspicion having someone bhop around safe zone just after he was banned. I am going to once again state that going down that staircase while standing and very poorly attempting a h

When I was going down the stairs in apartments I was w only bhopping which is very hard to sync in a building like that ( was not sideways bhopping ) maybe thats what made you thought I looked inexperienced, also every time I bhop down those stairs I crouch I don't know why it looked like I was standing in that I might have just been messing around, but George can vouch and has seen me do it normally many times. If it comes down to it I could literally handcam myself bhopping.

In the first clip the camera angle bugs and u see him crouch bhopping down the stairs. If you really watch it close the camera goes to 3rd person multiple times and you don't have that arched back while regularly bhopping. The second clip he is just bhopping and gaining no speed, I've known vo/ man man for a while now and I personally don't believe this is enough evidence. @Nathanyour claim is just based off pure disliking for mechanics in the game. He's done this on multiple source games, and is one of the easiest things to learn. I know of staff that use the same techniques.

Edited by voLt

I am inexperienced when it comes to bhopping, but I've come to be able to see a scripter fairly well. In this case I can't say I'm really suspicious of any of it apart from the 4 consecutive BHOPs, although I am inexperienced myself in BHOPs and I'm use to scripters being far more blatant, in this scenario I just can't say for certain. This is why I generally only ban for BHOP Scripts if I have further evidence such as ESP or Aim Assistance to back it up.

I'm going to leave this to my fellow Community Managers/The Council to decide the outcome with little to no input from myself on the decision since I just don't believe I have enough knowledge on the matter at hand to build towards a constructive result. 

Edited by George

im hoping man man is found innocent. he seems like a really cool guy, even though he always f's me up in game 😛 and id hate to have to come to know that he was playing illegitimately. best of luck man man. hoping to see you back soon. 😕

38 minutes ago, NOTSAFEFORWORLD said:

Banning someone purely based on suspicion of bhop scripting is pretty ridiculous, especially here considering the lack of proof.  Like George said 4 bhops isn't difficult and almost anyone with a scroll wheel and 15 minutes of time could learn how to do it.

Wasn't off of suspicion. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and contribute absolutely nothing to this appeal. I do however think that landing that while crouching is possible and warrants an unban. Not sure why the demo showed you standing because that would make that sequence of jumps down the stairs nearly impossible, which is the main reason I thought you were scripting. Since you were indeed crouching I do not think there is enough evidence to keep you banned or to prove you are cheating. I do not believe that you are cheating and you now have my support towards you getting unbanned. 

You guys might know him as "man man/ doug" But I know him as the best bhopper in the world. You see, I grew up with Doug and ever since he was a little sprout he was always bhopping and hitting FAT bhops. He use to train all day and night on CS:S servers back when it was popular. This man is like a computer. His mind can accurately measure the slope and when to hit it just right to give him that advantage. One time back in CS:S I was cornered by 4 people and there it was. Not jesus! Not Zeus! Not GOD! IT WAS DOUG HIMSELF HE BHOPPED ON ALL OF THEM KNIFING THEM! And to this day I am thankful that he exists because without his Bhops I would be lost in this world and I thank you doug, you always have a bed and a place to eat if you ever back up here my old friend.... I love you... I  hope you get unbanned mwa!

11 minutes ago, phoon said:

Wasn't off of suspicion. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and contribute absolutely nothing to this appeal. I do however think that landing that while crouching is possible and warrants an unban. Not sure why the demo showed you standing because that would make that sequence of jumps down the stairs nearly impossible, which is the main reason I thought you were scripting. Since you were indeed crouching I do not think there is enough evidence to keep you banned or to prove you are cheating. I do not believe that you are cheating and you now have my support towards you getting unbanned. 

First off I'm not man man/doug and I'm also not banned.  and second of all I know what I'm talking about I've ran source and goldsrc engine games for years and play have been playing kreedz for about 6 years, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about and are under the guise that you do because you're a moderator. pretty ridiculous that you being uninformed or uneducated and spewing garbage is making others suspicious.

2 minutes ago, NOTSAFEFORWORLD said:

First off I'm not man man/doug and I'm also not banned.  and second of all I know what I'm talking about I've ran source and goldsrc engine games for years and play have been playing kreedz for about 6 years, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about and are under the guise that you do because you're a moderator. pretty ridiculous that you being uninformed or uneducated and spewing garbage is making others suspicious.

Not sure exactly how I am misinformed when we just were informed that the demo was bugged.

21 hours ago, phoon said:

I am more than aware of the multiple different techniques that can be used to bhop. When going down the stairs you either extremely poorly attempted a half side ways bhop or you just have very bad sync. I also witnessed you on your alternate account bhopping from the safe zone staircase and around the main entrance multiple times in a row without missing any jumps, not that it matters much since I didn’t bother to clip it but it definitely adds some context and something to compare to. Previous to your ban there was also a player named ni who was banned for scripts who might’ve been on at at the time you were on which raised my suspicion having someone bhop around safe zone just after he was banned. I am going to once again state that going down that staircase while standing and very poorly attempting a half side ways bhop is pretty unrealistic. Especially since the speed was maintained throughout your journey to the bottom of apartments. Never the less I would like to have more opinions on this appeal but for me I do think something is going on in the background past it being just “skill”.

this

• George locked this topic