Calidoodoo's Ban Appeal

Calidoso

Steam Username: CalidosoYT

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:74001326

Which server are you banned from?: CityRP

How long have you been playing on our server(s): Over 7 or 8 years, probably more

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: Yes

If you have been banned, how many times?: 1

Why do you think you were banned?: Well I got banned for ESP

Why should we lift your ban?: Well, I will start off by saying that I am pretty sure I just got banned by participating in a raid that just happened 3 minutes ago before the ban. Just from the ban description I can tell that in the raid I was shooting through the wall of the house from the outside on the porch. I was doing this because of what I have experienced from previous darkrp servers. When people place props on top the ceiling of a certain area and leave the bottom exposed to where you can see the intruder's feet exposed. In my head I was certain that atleast 1 person was going to keep watch of our movement. That is when I decided to just go for the lucky shots from the outside of the house and where the area they may be in. I heard the death of one of the players we were raiding. After that we kept going on breaking down the barricades that were left and made sure that everything was clear from where we were entering. There was 2 rooms exposed to me and my  gang members vision to check when we arrived upstairs. I told peatreat to check the right side and then after I would check the left and prefire and that is when I killed the other player left. After all, the raid was meaningless, and we got nothing out of there except the curing rack for the weed. That is all I can provide from my POV.

For starters I will post a clip provided by one of the members defending the raid.

https://streamable.com/98skfy

I notice you say "go for lucky shots", after reviewing the clip there is nothing lucky about the shots that were fired. There were little to no misses and you killed 2/3 of the gang through a wall. 

https://gyazo.com/1d26eb05ca2d005223dcab2a28196b7e

https://gyazo.com/feff07b822b811484fc98c03e7088ce1

These pictures are capped when a player deals damage to another player. Its clearly showing you shooting and hitting them through the wall. If this isn't obvious enough, I don't know what is.

• Winner 1
  • Google Translate 1

I was pretty much guessing at where they were going to be at using my knowledge and also hearing footsteps, my gang members were also telling me that they were getting shot at from the back left of the corner and also near the stair case. 

Whilst I agree with the defense for the corner kill, the kill on Volt and especially Ryo is enough for me to be sure Calidoso was using ESP. No amount of sound whoring can help you track people through walls like he did, especially when Ryo (Morgan) is going up those stairs.

Either way we'll have a proper discussion about this with multiple staff members available to give input, therefore I'm going to go ahead and say that anyone who wishes to give constructive feedback may, but I want it to stay civil and on topic.

The room size is fairly small all things considered. Spamming is bound to yield some results, and it's possible this was luckier than usual. Near the end of the video, the corner gets spammed once he's coming down and he even walks towards the door to bait more shots on the other side of the house, which prompts a few bullets on the front wall to get spammed (all missing him). I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, that room is small enough, and if the second kill wasn't even cali's, then it'd be more likely luck than anything else.

31 minutes ago, Rolchax said:

The room size is fairly small all things considered. Spamming is bound to yield some results, and it's possible this was luckier than usual. Near the end of the video, the corner gets spammed once he's coming down and he even walks towards the door to bait more shots on the other side of the house, which prompts a few bullets on the front wall to get spammed (all missing him). I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, that room is small enough, and if the second kill wasn't even cali's, then it'd be more likely luck than anything else.

Calidoso killed volt. I agree it's possible that happened, but the likelihood that he gets all 3 like that is extremely uncommon, although I'm not saying it's impossible.

I don't think this should be judged on likelihood. It wouldn't seem fair to players who tryhard to get judged on the chances of doing a play. I don't see enough evidence for this to be a permanent ban. In the video, there was no flicking or tracking onto players. Lots of shots were fired and lots of them missed. We used background knowledge to help pinpoint the area of the enemies location, as well as using the xp gained from combat when shooting to know if we were shooting in the correct area.

It seems pea is fighting more for this appeal than Cali himself. In the screenshots above those were both individual kills, both in which were dealt by the hands of Cali. In the ban reason I specifically put ESP. Therefore he is not accused of aimbot nor tracking people through walls. He is being accused of having an unfair advantage seeing people through walls (ESP). With the provided evidence, I feel it is enough to keep him banned(my opinion).

10 minutes ago, peatreat said:

I don't think this should be judged on likelihood. It wouldn't seem fair to players who tryhard to get judged on the chances of doing a play. I don't see enough evidence for this to be a permanent ban. In the video, there was no flicking or tracking onto players. Lots of shots were fired and lots of them missed. We used background knowledge to help pinpoint the area of the enemies location, as well as using the xp gained from combat when shooting to know if we were shooting in the correct area.

It's this part which really makes me hella suspicious. A lot of shots were fired, but that doesn't mean he wasn't using ESP. Granted I have also questioned a lot as to why a person who is known to hack a lot on other games/gamemodes would be this blatant, so there are seeds of doubt in my head.

Edited by George

Pickup sound -> ran towards the wall on cali's left side -> backed up -> came back and ran towards cali's right side -> shots fired in that area but didnt hit him

Cali doesn't have terrible aim and if he had visual assistance then he wouldn't have been dumping clips because we didn't have much ammo.

Also, I'm not sure if these logs are bugged or what but the 100% dmg isn't correct for these logs. If someone did 100% dmg on me I couldn't have done dmg afterwards because I would've been dead. I'm not sure if I'm reading these logs wrong or what.

Bumping this with info that I shared with an admin, but I didn't post in the thread. If you don't even pay attention to the logs you can see in both videos that Cali did a lot of damage to volt while he was still in the corner and when volt moved out the corner it was my 4 bullets that shot through the wall and finished volt. Cali's shots didn't move from that corner.

After discussion in admin chat and on here, it has been decided by a majority of the staff team that the evidence here is either lackluster or they just don't believe it shows Calidoso hacking. Personally I agree for the most part, although there are parts that still hold some suspicion in my head, although that doesn't really matter at this point. I'm going to be unbanning you and I want it to be clear this ban is not solely on Kalder since I was the one who told him to go through with it after seeing the BLog photos.

Appeal Accepted.

• George locked this topic