Welcome back

Don't delay, join today!

Groovus

CSi. Groovus's Staff Application

Steam Name:  CSi. Groovus 

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:1:1703937

How long have you been playing on our server(s): 1.5 years. 

Which server do you play the most: The only reason I even have Garry's Mod is for CSI. 

How often are you available?: I am on everyday.

Have you ever been banned? If so, tell us why: Never. 

What is your experience as an Administrator?: I have been an Admin on several servers and owned a few. 

What are you able to bring to the Administration Team?: I know the people on the server, I help anyone who asks, I like to believe I am liked, these key components will help CSI thrive heavily. I am not going to have an ego if I get accepted and will remain humble if I get accepted.

Reputable names that recommended you as an Administrator: Various CSI members.  

~ ~ ~ ~ Scenarios ~ ~ ~ ~
What would be the best way to handle this situation?
You see a fairly new player go around and begin telling players that RDM is punishable in the server and will lead the player to receive a permanent ban.
Answer:  Firstly, there is not much of a written rule that is enforceable. However, this would create a barrier that would potentially block CSI from being the best it is, so I'd just say globally that it RDM does not exist on this server. Me being the staff member, people would see it and listen. 

You witness a fellow admin abusing his/her powers by noclipping for loot multiple times.
Not only does he/her noclip for loot, but kills people while being noclipped as well.
Answer: I'd firstly record and screenshot it. Secondly, I would contact a higherup and tell them what is going on. 

A player begins stating that he's going to grab another player's IP address after being killed in-game. That's all the information that is provided.
Answer:  I'd immediately ban that player, secondly, I would privately ask the victim if they have VPN protection or some sort of protection against IP grabbers.  

You see a CSi. member harassing players and being an overall toxic player to other players within the DayZ server and Discord
Answer: Well, it depends on context here, if the player is being extremely toxic to newer players or people who are not really doing anything, I'd give them a 1 to 2 day ban depending on context. If they are flat out saying slurs and such, them being a CSI member, they should know better than to say slurs. So, I'd give them a 1 day to a week ban depending on the severity of the situation. After that, I'd go to a higherup to request the removal of their member rank. 

Groovus is a good guy and I talked to him just the other day. He seems to have been busy the past couple of weeks and I get that. Hope to see you back active and ready to go in the weeks to come. For now Neutral

Seeing that Groovus is back and active, I'd like to change my vote from Neutral to a +1. Overall Groovus is a great guy and I can see him as a great fit to the staff team. Good luck.

Edited by Kalder
Mind has been made up.

Yeah sorry for the inactivity, I got into an accident that left both of my legs broken, for the past week I have back at home and now I get on everyday.

I've met him a couple times on the server and he seems like a pretty chill guy, we always laugh along and have a good time when we meet each other in safezone. He is a friendly and a nice dude, it would be great to see you as a part of the staff team, i really think that you will be a good staff member. +Support  From here. -Neo

Been friends with Groovus for a very long time. He has shown a lot of activity on the server recently and talks about how he will continue to stay active on the server if he were to get a position on the staff team. Personally I think all of the -1s above are stupid you would make a great staff member. You have my +1.

played with groovus on multiple occasions and have yet to experience any form of unacceptable/questionable behavior. could definitely see him being a person worthy of being a staff member and believe he would do just fine. +1.

Played with groovus multiple times and he is very relaxed and overall a cool guy. He wont shy away when someone needs help and havent seen any Questionable/Toxic behavior from him.

Therefore i will give this apply a +1

UPDATED: +1

Okay, most of the time I'm active on the server I see you on and have still kept up with your reputable name within the community. Every interaction I've had with you has always been a pleasant one to say the least. Your interest in the community and server has always been known to most players and members due to your interactions in global as well as chatting with others in voice/proximity. Your answers to the situational questions are also great. I wish you luck homie.

Honestly all of my experiences with you have been good, u are also very active and helpfull towards the newer players which just makes u an overall amazing guy. I think that the server would benefit from having u as a staff member. <3 best of luck +1