Happy Elf appeal

Toxic Teemo

When appealing your ban, please use the following template and fill out the fields in a way that will give us the most information to discuss your appeal.

Steam Username: Happy Elf 

Steam ID: 76561198203844556

Link to ban request (if there is one): 

Which server are you banned from?: csi day z

How long have you been playing on our server(s): 1400 hours 

Have you ever been banned before (this includes other servers)? If so, tell us why: No.

If you have been banned, how many times?: N/a

Why do you think you were banned?: Because I said some things that were taken out of context, and I used language hurtful to others. I was fighting with a player in global chat and he said he wouldnt talk freely for fear of getting banned, i tried to alleviate his fears by saying i can say what I want, and he can say what I want. he screenshotted only the part that made me look like I was acting above the law. I was only trying to express my belief that he should not live in fear of admins.

Why should we lift your ban?:

I broke rules but the consequences for what I did are normally just being silenced for a while. I was treated differently because I am an ex csi member and a name here because of my contributor status. I hope you can see that I am worthy of a another shot without having to sit out any more time. I will definitely refrain from arguing with others in the future, and I promise never to use offensive language. 

Screenshot wasn’t required for you us to understand you were acting like you were above the law. You have directly messaged Xavier multiple times asking to be pardoned because of your contributor status, not to mention the lovely conversation we had the other day about your model basically acting like you had a right to have whatever model you wanted which is not the case. Your membership served as a warning to your bad behavior and was ignored. You called another CSi. Member a homophobic slur in the discord then quickly deleted the message (which we have logs for) which is why your membership was revoked. You were banned in-game for toxicity after being warned previously for using slurs. You have been walking on thin ice the entire time you have returned with the passive aggressive comments. Do not ever ask to have your appeal be treated as any other player when you are asking to be pardoned for your actions in private messages with the owner. The ban will be staying and that is the final decision.

• Love 1

• phoon locked this topic

No one should "live in fear" of any administrator. We are not here to terrorize players for things, we are here to uphold a standard so that the server can be a hospitable place for all players. This includes monitoring and filtering chat. Global chat is readable by all online, and even things said to specific people can cause harm to others or reputation.

The ban has already been reduced to one week after discussing with other admins and reconsidering on my end. If people avoid rules while admins aren't online, then it's a show of character imho. Intentions will never excuse an end so long as it willingly breaks server rules.

• Winner 1