Welcome back

Don't delay, join today!

Jgarcia

Jgarcia's (BoBo's) Administration Application

Steam Name: CSi. BoBo

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3731165

How long have you been playing on our server(s): I was first introduced into the server/community all the way back in 2015 and disappeared probably around early 2016 because I had to focus more in primary school but made a permanent return back in late March.

Which server do you play the most: I play the Dayz server the most

How often are you available?: Currently I'm available most of the time. I do however have college courses to tend to on Mondays 4:05-5:25pm, Tuesdays 11:30-2:30 (rarely goes past the 1 1/2 hour) and 6:00-7:25, Thursdays 6:00-8:25. I do dedicate a majority of my weekends currently to work on assignments but currently have a planned working schedule for school work that would compliment more free time on my end throughout the week.

Have you ever been banned? If so, tell us why: I have never been banned before in the server or any other community.

What is your experience as an Administrator?: I have had experience as a moderator in the Superior Servers DarkRP server as well as 2 other DarkRP servers back when I was between 13-14 but I can't find any trace of them sadly and I cannot recall the community names so please excuse my poor memory on this one. But I do, however, have real-life experience as a supervisor at one of my old workplaces from the beginning of 2018 till late 2019 at my local amusement park in the cash control department as well as the foods department. When it comes to the cash control position I had a major responsibility of auditing the park's daily and weekly earnings from sales as well as handling the money up until I deliver it to a local bank. Then when it comes to my time as a foods supervisor I was in charge of 2 restaurants from March till September of 2019.

What are you able to bring to the Administration Team?: I believe that with my past experiences as a staff member in past servers as well as in the workforce I can apply them into future altercations so I can handle them efficiently and respectfully as well as offer an unbiased mind when it comes to said future altercations. As just a member I be sure to interact with new players and give them a good first day experience whether I team with them just so I can show them the ropes or whether its me making use out of a situation and being a goof.

Reputable names that recommended you as an Administrator: Currently I've got only 1 referral from CSi. Thunder but currently receiving approval from a few others at the time of posting. (Edit) As of 9:30pm PST I've recieved referal from CSi. Josh

~ ~ ~ ~ Scenarios ~ ~ ~ ~
What would be the best way to handle this situation?
You see a fairly new player go around and begin telling players that RDM is punishable in the server and will lead the player to receive a permanent ban.
Answer: 

I would be sure to directly tell the new player, as well as inform the server in global chat, that there aren't any RDM rules in the server due to the hardcore PVP nature of the gamemode and I would go as far as to offer him to shadow me/team up if he'd like so I can show him how to play the gamemode efficiently. However, if he respectfully refuses and continues to spread misinformation about non-existent RDM rules I would proceed to reaffirm them that this gamemode is meant to have pvp at any given time. If he still continues to spread misinformation then I would mute and warn the individual for a short period of time (5 minutes) and if they still don't listen and purposely minges then I will proceed with appropriate disciplinary action of kick --> ban if its starts to become a nuisance.

You witness a fellow admin abusing his/her powers by noclipping for loot multiple times.
Not only does he/her noclip for loot, but kills people while being noclipped as well.
Answer: 

I would keep quiet about the situation until I've gathered enough evidence backing up my claim whether its through screen grab, on-ground experience, etc. I would then bring the evidence to a council member(s) since they would be above admin rank and would more than definitely work on the situation in a professional manner. I would refrain from telling anyone else due to the severity of the situation and how fast things could get twisted among others in general in any community. Let the council work it out up until then unless they need me for any further questioning. 

A player begins stating that he's going to grab another player's IP address after being killed in-game. That's all the information that is provided.
Answer: 

If there were to be a situation like this to occur between others players prior to my knowledge I would ask for the proper evidence that could back up their claim and if done so I would consult the player threatening others with the gross malicious behavior. If they retaliate in anyway or continue to threaten others I would issue an immediate ban. (If I am correct about the technicality of spectating) If they don't have any evidence but claim that they're continuously getting threatened I would spectate both the accuser and the culprit until I hear or read any damming evidence that backs up their claim. Now if I were to be threatened with such claims I would go ahead and consult the player about the severity of the threats and how we don't take lightly the threats. DDoS-ing and DOX-ing is not a laughing matter since it put players and even the game servers at risk. Being DDoS-ed is not fun. Trust me. Its garbage.

You see a CSi. member harassing players and being an overall toxic player to other players within the DayZ server and Discord
Answer: 

I would be sure to communicate with the member in a friendly, respectful manner and discuss with them their attitude needs to be reevaluated and even go as far as ask them, if they're comfortable, if they're okay emotionally. Hoping that the heart to heart talk does its justice. If they continue to be toxic and cause other players' experience to be unenjoyable not then I will be sure to gather evidence of the situation and proceed to report it to other administrating staff as well as any council member about the actions of the player and discuss the possibility of withholding their membership status across the server, discord, and forums due to the unflattering look it'll give the rest of the CSi. members. Being apart of the CSi. community is a privilege and an honor and should be taken seriously with pride. If they decide to retaliate and continue to be toxic then we'll take action fit accordingly.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

Edited by Jgarcia
  • Love 1

Honestly this is a well written application. Just by reading your scenarios I can tell you have had staffing experience in the past. I remember seeing you back in the day on cherno. I’m not sure we teamed at all but in the few interactions I have had, you seem like a chill guy. As much as I’d like to plus 1 this app, I still feel the need to meet you and get to know you a little further whether that be in game or in discord. Get my attention in game and or in discord and we can do a couple of runs together. Good luck. Neutral

• Love 1

I've had nothing but good interactions with you, you have experience in and out of game, and you're an active community member on and off the server. You're able to help out a number of new players and I've seen you help people in global chat when they need it. I wouldn't mind seeing what good additions you could bring to tthe staff team. Good Luck!

• Love 1

On 9/6/2020 at 7:19 PM, George said:

+1 good guy

active, friendly, decent past experiences

On 9/7/2020 at 5:39 AM, Kalder said:

Honestly this is a well written application. Just by reading your scenarios I can tell you have had staffing experience in the past. I remember seeing you back in the day on cherno. I’m not sure we teamed at all but in the few interactions I have had, you seem like a chill guy. As much as I’d like to plus 1 this app, I still feel the need to meet you and get to know you a little further whether that be in game or in discord. Get my attention in game and or in discord and we can do a couple of runs together. Good luck. Neutral

On 9/7/2020 at 9:58 PM, Rolchax said:

I've had nothing but good interactions with you, you have experience in and out of game, and you're an active community member on and off the server. You're able to help out a number of new players and I've seen you help people in global chat when they need it. I wouldn't mind seeing what good additions you could bring to tthe staff team. Good Luck!

23 hours ago, Zerg 萧条 said:

+1: I think you would make for a great staff member, from reading all the scenarios I'm pretty sure you would do great, also I've had nothing but good interactions with you in-game

All love to you guys for your responses. All support means alot ❤️

• Love 1

+1 Nothing but good experiences with this dude and he contributes to the community way more then me. This guy is constantly active on the server and a long time player. In my opinion I think BoBo/ Jgarcia could be a perfect fit for the staff team. Good Luck

Edited by voLt
  • Love 1

+1
JGarcia or (BoBo) is the nicest dude I ever met and thats on my mother. Kid will go out of his way and help tons of people. His attitude towards the server has never changed and never have I seen him out in a fit. Activity and community interaction is there and poppin'. Good luck garcia. ❤️